1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Testing the Yahoo! Conversion Tracker

Discussion in 'Yahoo Search Marketing' started by yfs1, Mar 31, 2006.

Is there any way to effectively check the conversion code for Yahoo? I am getting 0 conversions yet I know Yahoo is generating them. If I suspend my ads I can also see sales drop and then once reinstated they return so I know thats where the traffic is coming from.

Any good way to test it short of clicking my own ad and buying from myself?

yfs1, Mar 31, 2006 IP
  2. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    In the past I have tended to do this sort of thing server side to avoid relying on the PPC provider for the tracking.

If you have a good analytics/stats package you may be able to add an extra parameter to the destination url which the analytics program can pick up when the user arrives at your site. Then you define the confirmation page as the end point of the sale and see how many users arrive there compared to the number who arrive at your landing page.

This is how its done in Google Analytics anyway.

mad4, Mar 31, 2006 IP
    yfs1 likes this.
  3. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    I do that for my AdWords campaigns actually as I found their conversion numbers were way off and it works well although I wanted to at least get the Yahoo conversions working before going down the more time consuming route (I wanted it all to appear on the same page along with CPC(onversion)

yfs1, Mar 31, 2006 IP
  4. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Don't think there's any other way to test. Mine work - just re-paste the code I guess, not much else you can do indeed other than buying yourself.

Wow, useful answer hey? :)

T0PS3O, Mar 31, 2006 IP
  5. Roxyyo

Roxyyo Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep, double and triple check your codes for accuracy. It's very easy to make mistakes.

Roxyyo, Mar 31, 2006 IP