1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Test says Google likes old sites

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by dejaone, Feb 27, 2005.

1. nfzgrld

nfzgrld Peon

Best Answers:
    This is an interesting discussion but I think a lot of the assumptions made here are off the mark. I have a site that is 3 months old. It has a PR0 and 50 Bls. For my major keyphrases I'm still down in the sandbox, but not all of them. On one keyphrase, a moderatly compeditive one, I'm #1 in G and MSN. The keyphrase is "Larry Levine." It's a clothing designer. I haven't done alot of SEO for this keyphrase, and the page that is linked from the SERPs only has two items on it. There really isn't much there for this keyword. If you take a look at some of the other pages on that SERP you'll quickly get the impression as I did that this is some kind of mistake. I don't know what I did to get this kind of reaction from G, but I'd love to figure it out and spread it around! It just goes to show you, whatever kind of theory you can come up with for how and/or why G does stuff the way they do there'll always be something out there to just shoot it full of holes.

The thing that really gets me is, whether any of us is right or wrong about any of this is something none of us will probably ever know.

nfzgrld, Feb 28, 2005 IP