1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Terms and conditions, privacy policy

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by MM23, Jun 22, 2019.

Hello I’m seriously thinking of starting a blog but I’m really worried about all legal stuff such as privacy policy, terms and conditions, cookies, disclaimer.... Do I need to have it straight away or can I add it later? Or should I just concentrate on content to start with and do the legal bits later if it will ever have any traffic. If it will I would like to collect emails to be able to send new post notifications and use some affiliate marketing. I will not be selling anything. Any info appreciated. Thank you

MM23, Jun 22, 2019 IP
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Start off by posting a disclaimer policy. Always be mindful of defamation, so tread diplomatically.
    Use watermarks on your images or state clearly that people can use your images. If your going to use other peoples images then send off an e-mail to the creator asking for permission to use them. Assert upfront that your content is yours. The same applies to any and all music and lyrics that you may use.

Don't worry too much about the rest of the legalities right away. If your blog takes off then you can cross any bridge you need to at that point. Good luck to you with this.

Spoiltdiva, Jun 27, 2019 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I believe that the Google algorithm still checks for a Privacy Policy much like it does for mobile responsiveness and other attributes that it considers mandatory. So, if you hope to get traffic from Google over time, you should have one in place. There are many free templates that you can use for this. If you plan to collect emails from the European Union, you should make sure that your privacy policy is GDPR compliant. @Spoiltdiva makes a good point about having a Disclaimer statement, as well.

jrbiz, Jul 7, 2019 IP
  4. MrWatch

MrWatch Peon

Best Answers:
    Some notes for your privacy policy:
    When you don't collect any data, you can focus on your content.
    You can work on the legal bits just before you want to collect data from emails, analytics, and using third parties to collect data from the visitor.
    Describe in your Pirvacy policy exactly what you collect, what tools you use, how long you are saving the data, and for what purpose.

MrWatch, May 9, 2020 IP
  5. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Just a clarification for the readers since you were typing so fast that you forgot the subject and the helper verb in your reply.

mmerlinn, May 9, 2020 IP
  6. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I use a program called Legal Pages Generator. You can check it out at master resell rights. It's a com site. I don't have any affiliation with them other than using their software as far as I remember.

JoeSpirit, May 10, 2020 IP
  7. bvss12

bvss12 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, that software is very good for that purposes. +1

bvss12, May 12, 2020 IP