1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Templates for Website Design

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by carowan, Aug 30, 2004.

Does anyone have any experience with creating a website with a template?
    I have seen them around the web running anywhere from $20 to $50, and it seems like it would save time; rather than creating my own template with my paltry design skills.

Also, is a template easily transferred for use in a Yahoo! store?

Thanks!

carowan, Aug 30, 2004 IP
  2. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    I doubt a regular template would work well with yahoo, but they work great otherwise. If you look at www.anchorlineproducts.com or www.cleartecpackaging.com, they were both created with templates. The templates were significantly modified to match our needs, but otherwise, it significantly reduced the cost and time to create our own layouts.

mopacfan, Aug 30, 2004 IP
  3. chachi

chachi The other Jason

Best Answers:
    I have used some free HTML and CSS templates and they have worked out great. I think if you "upgrade" to the $10 ones, you can have a pretty awesome setup for next to nothing.

chachi, Aug 30, 2004 IP
  4. SanDiego

SanDiego Active Member

Best Answers:
    And if you get good at working with the free templates (very similar to the $$ones) then you can mix and match them and modify anything you need to in order to fit your needs. I LOVE free templates... (but I DO know enought to build my own - so it's just a time saver) ;)

SanDiego, Aug 30, 2004 IP
  5. vorapolpanya

vorapolpanya Peon

Best Answers:
    in my case, i use shopping cart software with templates , it does save my time significantly since i have no knowledge in graphic design. start with template and make a few changes really help.

this is the one i like

vorapolpanya, Aug 30, 2004 IP
  6. TopSpin

TopSpin Peon

Best Answers:
    Once upon a time - templates really weren't a very good idea because your site ended up looking like any one of a bunch of other sites using the same template. These days, however, there is an abundance of templates and with the growth of the web, it's unlikely that many people will run across the same template twice.

Another big advantage to using templates - especially for someone with "paltry design skills" is that you can learn from templates, how the elements fit together and how to customize (as recommended by SanDiego) using multiple template elements.

TopSpin, Sep 1, 2004 IP
  7. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    One thing I don't really like about templates is that you dont get to learn the coding from scratch- you'd learn where to change the words, etc. Many templates are coded irregularly and can teach improper skills when developing a website.

Some of the No No's are interior JS (not a huge deal, but not recommended), load time, etc.

schlottke, Sep 1, 2004 IP
  8. david_sakh

david_sakh Peon

Best Answers:
    just do it in RAW Html, it will only take a week's worth of effort to learn, and you'll find that editing your webpage will be more inituitive.

david_sakh, Sep 8, 2004 IP
  9. Jacksons84

Jacksons84 Member

Best Answers:
    You visit these website http://www.uwebsolution.com/.

Jacksons84, Apr 22, 2013 IP
  10. greenarrow

greenarrow Peon

Best Answers:
    hi friends . am going to sell my webdesing and development, seo packages with affordable cost... what is the best cost for each package.:? ur comments welcome

greenarrow, Apr 22, 2013 IP
  11. IvinViljoen

IvinViljoen Member

Best Answers:
    With my limited design skills, I'll say I'll go for a theme that is optimized and design to accommodate Yahoo.

IvinViljoen, Apr 22, 2013 IP