1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Telling Apple that text is text and not a phone number

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by sarahk, Jun 29, 2016.

I've got a page that is only ever seen on a device. Android plays nicely but Apple sees a membership number and tries to turn it into a phone number, it see Sep 16 and turns that into a hyperlinked date.

I can use css to disguise them but really, I'd just like to wrap something around them that tells Apple to leave well alone. Is there anything?

Solved! View solution.
    sarahk, Jun 29, 2016 IP
    digitalpoint, Jun 29, 2016 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Date didn't work but having the membership number left alone is a significant win.
    thanks Shawn :)

sarahk, Jun 29, 2016 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The date one is undocumented, but at least it used to work. Maybe they stopped it... not sure. Haven't used any of them in a long time myself. I finally just decided to let it do whatever... lol

digitalpoint, Jun 29, 2016 IP
  5. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I believe (don't quote me on this) if you % escape all the characters they will ignore it... which is stupid and annoying but...

of the meta, only "telephone" is currently official, the others were dropped as of... well, I'm not sure what version but it's about the same time Google forked off blink from webkit.

... which since then, Safari is really rotting on the vine IE6 style... and thanks to iOS having plenty of halfwits, morons and fools yumming it up, we're forced to support it... just like we did IE6 for the better part of a decade.

It's really pathetically laughable about how most of their attempts to make pages "more useful' has just resulted in making damned near every site harder to use, much less maintain.

deathshadow, Jun 29, 2016 IP
    sarahk likes this.