1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Tell visitors to click ad (not adsense) allowed?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by dzcap, Aug 17, 2005.

I plan to sell banner ad spots (1000 clicks) on one of my page, this page does not have any adsense ads on it, but the other pages of the site does. Can I tell my visitors to click the banner on the page with no adsense ads on it? And some of the advertisers have adsense ads on their site.

I know this is somewhat inflating clicks to the banner advertiser, but I will make it clear to them before they sign up about this and they will know exactly where their banner is placed.

So is it OK to do this on a page with no adsense ads on the same page? And OK with adsense ad on the same page?

It'll be like "Click this banner!" right above the banner ad.

dzcap, Aug 17, 2005 IP
  2. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    Probably only if the advertisors tell you it's OK, and odds are 99% that they'll say no. It's called cheating. Now if they were paying you per 1,000 page views, yes they would like that!!!!

Nintendo, Aug 17, 2005 IP
  3. dzcap

dzcap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I am telling the advertiser upfront. It is just for 1000 clicks to their site, they are aware of me adding a "click the banner" above the banner ad.

So is it OK to do this on a page with no adsense ads on the same page?
    And OK with adsense ad on the same page?
    Asking if this violates any adsense TOS, the advertiser gives the OK already.

dzcap, Aug 17, 2005 IP
  4. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    As shoemoney would say... go ask Google

fryman, Aug 17, 2005 IP
  5. Willy

Willy Peon

Best Answers:
    As fryman said, best check with Google directly. They are very friendly, you know. No sense risking your AdSense account ;)

Willy, Aug 17, 2005 IP
  6. xeno

xeno Peon

Best Answers:
    I found a site like that. "Please visit our sponsors" was right there on the same page as regular sponsors and Google ads. I was rejected for a link exchange so I narked them out to Google.

xeno, Aug 17, 2005 IP
  7. dzcap

dzcap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Checking with Google first. Thanks everyone.

dzcap, Aug 17, 2005 IP
  8. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    Be sure to post Googles reply here. Then I can add it to the FAQ when I add Googles reply to having images next to the ads.

Nintendo, Aug 17, 2005 IP
  9. Critters

Critters Guest

Best Answers:
    A friend had adSense ads on his site and some non-adSense ads that he made to advertise other areas of his site and his other sites, he asked his members to ckick them, they got confused and clicked all ads, he was banned.

Managed to get back on after many emails to G, but I would not bother if I were you. Any sudden increase in CTR is going to get your site looked at by the adSense team, and "click my ads" anywhere on your site could get you booted.

Critters, Aug 17, 2005 IP