1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Teach me how to use myspace

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by mad4, May 11, 2006.

1. mihaidamianov

mihaidamianov Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey, let us know if it's worth it. :)

mihaidamianov, May 12, 2006 IP
  2. andre75

andre75 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks. Not exactly what I was looking for but a good start. I actually want people who link to my website to be able to hotlink the picture while all others get bumped.
    This way I receive something in return and they receive something.
    (Had to remove the link in the quote as I don't have 10 posts :rolleyes:

andre75, May 12, 2006 IP
  3. andre75

andre75 Peon

Best Answers:
    From what I can tell its too much work.
    I am still looking for that automatic friend adding script.
    I should be able to run the script for a long time without having to do anything. Then one day go back, have thousands of spam buddies. At least that was my idea.

But now I realize that Myspace is overrun by teens. Not exactly the audience I want on my website anyways.
    If I were selling a product that is not attractive to teens I would completely disregard Myspace.

andre75, May 12, 2006 IP
  4. elvislivz2

elvislivz2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    My 21 year old daughter is a rock and roll singer - and active on myspace along with all her other friends her age.

I am amazed how resourceful these kids are. Some blogger picker up her link out of Chicago - and she is in Vancouver. She sent me the link as a laugh - or maybe this guy knows something! http://my-head-hurts.blogspot.com/ (scroll to May 3 post)

She was also telling me of some of her 'other hot girlfriends' that have tens of thousands of friends - just beacuse they look good. Hmmmm.

You can also get a company to make you a bot from India for about $20 - by advertising your needs on getacoder.com.

elvislivz2, May 12, 2006 IP
  5. Annanya

Annanya Peon

Best Answers:
    Buying an existing Myspace account is a breach to their policy. It is clearly stated on their terms page :)

Annanya, May 12, 2006 IP
  6. JonathanLyons

JonathanLyons Active Member

Best Answers:
    you should try Gizmo.NET instead. myspace is soooo sloooooooow. :)

JonathanLyons, May 12, 2006 IP
  7. CosmosCR

CosmosCR Guest

Best Answers:
    how does anyone know about this 500 friends limit? Why isnt it coded into myspace itself?

CosmosCR, May 13, 2006 IP
  8. Slavis81

Slavis81 Peon

Best Answers:
    Whats up everyone, this is my first post on this fourm. I have been reading for awhile but after reading this topic i decided to register.

To anyone seriously interested in learning how to market on myspace message me at stukbass on aim.

I have proven methods of promotion. I have gathered over 40k friends on my profile in the last 3 months. I am currently using these 40k friends to accomplish goals.

If you are interested in learning what i know or even having me run your myspace profile message me.

Slavis81, May 17, 2006 IP
  9. MrGeeK

MrGeeK Peon

Best Answers:
    MySpace is an interesting tool, and don't think its not a tool because from our point of view it is.

I currently have 5 accounts there, some with thousands of friends and others with hardly any. I've found that the best way to get results from MySpace is to ensure your product/service is suited to the demographic of typical MySpace users (teens/early twenties for the most part) and then market using stealth, sell without them realising you are selling them something.

It takes a bit of practice to get it right, but once you do then you start to see results that grow quickly because if people like what your promoting they start talking about it too.

It's like any community, for the best long term results don't spam, become a member of the community and participate.

Of course you can take the other route and spam the hell out of people, you might get good results to start, but it probably won't last.

Rather than going the "get them to my site and let them click the CPC ads", I find that CPA ads provide better results and for some you don't even need a site. (ie hotlink from MySpace to the CPA advertisers site)

MrGeeK, May 17, 2006 IP
  10. webmasterlabor.com

webmasterlabor.com Peon

Best Answers:
    If used correctly and responsibly (per their AUP), MySpace is a great marketing assistance tool. However, if you abuse it you might find your affilliate sponsor canning you... in addition to other worse things that could happen.

webmasterlabor.com, May 17, 2006 IP