1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Taxes with Paypal?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by BargainBait, Feb 15, 2007.

Sorry if this was covered in a recent post. Was to lazy to search through the thousands of pages that show up when I search "paypal" :p

Anyways.. Is the money that goes through PayPal taxed? For example, if I were to have $1,000+ to go through my paypal account this year, does PayPal notify the IRS and I have to pay whatever taxes there are? Or are there only taxes on things such as AdSense and YPN?

BargainBait, Feb 15, 2007 IP
  2. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    The issue is not so much if Paypal income are taxable but rather is income in general taxable in your country.

In most countries, if you earn an income through any means, you are required to declare them as income for the purpose of taxation. The onus to pay taxes lies with you. Paypal will only declare their own income to IRS.

In short, whether the income goes through Paypal or not, you are required to declare them. If you are unsure, check with your country's Tax Department.

eddy2099, Feb 15, 2007 IP
  3. thewindmaster

thewindmaster The Man with the Plan

Best Answers:
    Paypal does not send this info, but would provide it if requested. No all money going through paypal is going to be taxable. However, if you were getting audited and the government suspected you were hiding income they would certain request information from paypal about your transfers.

thewindmaster, Feb 16, 2007 IP
  4. waldo

waldo Peon

Best Answers:
    smart man. so dont get caught

waldo, Feb 16, 2007 IP