1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Targeting with adwords

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by PaIntR, Apr 25, 2013.

Hi there,
    I saw many websites which use Google Adsense that I'd be interested in advertising on. I was wondering if I used Google Adwords, if it was possible to select these websites and only display my advertisements on these websites? Or what could I do to make that work?

PaIntR, Apr 25, 2013 IP
  2. John Grossfield

John Grossfield Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey PaintR. As far as I understand, you are looking to use text ads on the Google content/partner network, but are looking to select which traffic sources to place ads on. I wanted to do the same thing when I first started with AdWords awhile back. I found it very frustrating that I couldn't even see which traffic sources they were putting my ads on. Not sure why Google wouldn't want their advertisers who are spending money with them to know who their publishing partners are. Transparency is a good thing!

I just started running a campaign with adMarketplace because a friend told me they let you pause traffic sources. It is actually a pretty cool interface, and they list each traffic source they have with a number and you can pause or even change your bid for each traffic source. I am thinking about putting in more money there to see what kind of volume they have.

I havent heard of any other networks that offer traffic source transparency, but would certainly be open to testing them. DigitalPoint Community, have you heard of any?

John Grossfield, Apr 25, 2013 IP
  3. PaIntR

PaIntR Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I just saw that in the meantime its possible to actually select the websites that you want to put the ads on! Thats great. This thread can thereby be closed

PaIntR, Apr 28, 2013 IP
  4. jacksarlo

jacksarlo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As far as I know you can specify, and software keywordelite can find these high traffic pages you can advertise on, maybe watch the video about this on their site... of Brad's..

jacksarlo, Apr 28, 2013 IP
  5. Tom Green

Tom Green Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Absolutely. As long as the page you wish to target has adsense, just make a list of them and run them in a Display campaign, targeting placements. Take heed though, bids might differ wildly, and so might your eligibility.

Finally, I would avoid targeting any page that looks like it was Made For AdSense, as clickfraud is common and even though Google does a decent job of combating it, I don't think it's enough. Display campaign tend to be worse than Search on average.

Tom Green, May 2, 2013 IP