1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Targeting different data centers

Discussion in 'Keyword Tracker' started by Kim Steinhaug, Oct 20, 2005.

When trying to work out the MSN problem Im having today, It apeared to me that targeting the different data centers would be quite easy. Since the google API is accessed from the advanced script on my server, all I would need to do is use the IP of the data center I would like to work against in the advanced script?

There shouldnt be much more to it as far as I can see?

The downside is that there are no logical way of tracking this, since the keyword tool only works for 1 result set.

A nice feature, however much to be asked for a great service like this, is being able to work against two different advanced scripts, or being able to serve two different results from the advanced script in each run. This way it wouldn't be more bandwidth wasted for digitalpoint (Since both rankings are done by the serverside script). Then again, how important is it really to know what the different data centers reports in the SERPS, doesnt help much knowing have good or bad placement in the SERPS on the other side of the globe.

Would have been a nice feature, but when I think about it Im not so sure its such a useful feature after all..

DOH!

Kim Steinhaug, Oct 20, 2005 IP