1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Targeting a wide range of keywords versus a few

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by HansV, Feb 27, 2005.

Hi,
    Just interested in your opinions. I'm reading this forum for some time now and what's interesting me is if there is a relation between website's that have a few keywords and the ranking fluctuation and site's that have a lot of keywords versus fluctuation in the serps.

Some members seem to have only a few keywords they target. For me it seems betting on one horse... Not sure if that's an expression all over the world, but I guess it does not need an explanation :).

It's it always better to go for a broad spectrum of keywords? I can imagine it also depends on the nice your in, but still. A site focused on just a couple of keywords can easily drop from the serps, more than a site that is targeting a wide range. But I'm not an expert, would like to hear some more ideas on this one.

HansV, Feb 27, 2005 IP
  2. saintdw

saintdw Peon

Best Answers:
    I target wide range.

Gets more traffic in a long run and is much easier short term

saintdw, Feb 27, 2005 IP
  3. TiGG

TiGG Peon

Best Answers:
    1 of my sites has only 5-6 target keywords, one of which gets 90% of the traffic but its a very specific subject. The others I try to target a large range in hundreds if not thousands... and you are correct those sites are much more stable.

TiGG, Feb 27, 2005 IP