1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Targeted FB traffic vs search engine traffic

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by bluehazard, Jul 5, 2015.

is there any difference between facebook and google for traffic source when they both are targeted? i see many posts about fb traffic, they say google don't like facebook trafiic, even if it's targeted traffic.

bluehazard, Jul 5, 2015 IP
  2. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Google absolutely loves Facebook traffic.

With Facebook traffic, you have to continuously be working towards driving traffic to your website.

If you stop working at it, the traffic will start to die down.

Yes, I know people will say that users can share your content on Facebook and this will be considered "automatic" but that circle will end at some point.

Now, with search engine traffic - as long as you are on the first page of Google, you can lay in a hammock on the beach and your traffic will continue to flow nice and steady.

Now, we all know with algo updates that you need to be continually maintaining your SEO in order to stay in a high rank - but with enough experience this should be easy.

Matthew Sayle, Jul 5, 2015 IP
  3. bluehazard

bluehazard Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i think search engine optimization will take big time to get results, i know on page seo and can find good keywords but i don't know what to do next, can you give me article where's explained how to make good backlinks and how to optimize my site in future? i see people , who tried to optimize their sites for seo, they made on page seo, choosed good keywords for site but they didn't know what to do next.

4. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    Matthew Sayle, Jul 5, 2015 IP
  5. bluehazard

bluehazard Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    THANK YOU !

6. mahnazkut

mahnazkut Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Search engine traffic was always winner for me. Especially targeted traffic from bing-yahoo-gogle , but somehow could not get any results with social media traffic. Some people making good income from dating related websites with facebook, as far as I know.

mahnazkut, Jul 5, 2015 IP
  7. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No point in comparing them, you want both. Search engine traffic is great, but you want to build up your social profiles and share content often to build up social traffic sources. For me, G+ and Twitter are almost always in the top 5 sources of traffic for my sites. The traffic is targeted just the same, depending on how you're linking followers to your content.

Not sure why Google wouldn't like FB traffic, but we know they certainly won't penalize you for it in anyway, so don't worry about that. Just keep building up your profile, you want all sources of traffic you can get.

cronik, Jul 5, 2015 IP
  8. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's not true, unless if it is a spam traffic, then Google will definitely not like it and it might have a negative impact on your site.
    Google and Facebook are different platforms, cronik has a good point on it, and that's how they differ from each other.

Patricia Ann Lee, Jul 5, 2015 IP
  9. bluehazard

bluehazard Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    sometimes i leave my website links in groups related to my website niche , can google mark it as spam? how you think google identifies spam traffic?

10. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Care to explain why so many that are dependent on Facebook traffic get banned from adsense for invalid activity. ... and this thread is about Adsense.

Agent000, Jul 6, 2015 IP
  11. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    Can I have a few examples?

Your logic doesn't make any sense...

The number one search engine hates when websites get traffic from the number one social network?

Matthew Sayle, Jul 6, 2015 IP
  12. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Every day there are at least several sites posting over in Google own adsense support group that are banned for invalid activity and have predominately social media traffic --> its generally useless traffic. organic search traffic worth much more due to "buyer intent"

Agent000, Jul 6, 2015 IP
  13. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    I am not denying one bit that it's useless.

However, I don't think traffic from Facebook and Adsense banning are related.

Matthew Sayle, Jul 6, 2015 IP