1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

targeted ads not so targeted

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by Googles76, Oct 24, 2004.

As some of you know my new web-site is about cars, it is categorized by make, ie: acura, ford, bmw etc. On every page google shows the exact same ads! I want my ads to be different from page to page. I want my acura page to display acura ads etc. When I try the adsense preview tool they show targeted ads, but the real thing displays the same ads on every page for some reason.

Any thoughts?

Googles76, Oct 24, 2004 IP
  2. Infiniterb

Infiniterb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How long has the page been up, what's the amount of content on each page? Is it a forum?

Infiniterb, Oct 24, 2004 IP
  3. Dominic

Dominic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It will update and change fairly soon. I've found it does that to start with.

Dominic, Oct 24, 2004 IP
  4. 2003m2003

2003m2003 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I had same in my site, but with time it improved...hope so for yours.

2003m2003, Oct 25, 2004 IP
  5. melfan

melfan Peon

Best Answers:
    One thing I notice with adsense is that, if your site is new you have to wait for targeted ads to show. But once it is there you wont have a problem if you add other pages, instantly (sometimes) it shows targeted ads.

melfan, Oct 25, 2004 IP
  6. Googles76

Googles76 Peon

Best Answers:
    The site is fairly new (about a week), it is not a forum, but the content on every page changes often. Well not changes, but content is added to everypage from time to time (since it's part news site). So maybe I should wait for google to show targeted ads before adding anymore content?

Googles76, Oct 25, 2004 IP
  7. disgust

disgust Guest

Best Answers:
    you don't need to wait. add as much as you want, they'll catch up eventually. the amount of pages you add won't have any influence over when existing pages will get more targetted ads.

disgust, Oct 25, 2004 IP
  8. NewComputer

NewComputer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Where is the site?

NewComputer, Oct 25, 2004 IP
  9. Infiniterb

Infiniterb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If it's showing the exact same ads, your content could be a bit "thin" on each page with keywords not reoccuring enough times. Do you have reoccuring text on each page, or a re-occuring title by chance?

Infiniterb, Oct 25, 2004 IP
  10. Googles76

Googles76 Peon

Best Answers:
    You can check my site, it's in my sig (Auto News & parts)

every page has a different title but same keywords, maybe that's my problem. Should I use different keywords on everypage? Right now I just sort of have all my keywords that I can think of on every page.

Googles76, Oct 25, 2004 IP
  11. disgust

disgust Guest

Best Answers:
    well, if you want ads for mazdas, you'll need to be talking about mazdas on the page. if you don't, there's not much of a chance google'll figure out what's "relevant" to that page.

disgust, Oct 25, 2004 IP
  12. NewComputer

NewComputer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Off the top of my head, I would say you need to do a better job of optimizing your meta tags for each individual page. That will help. Using the theme of 'Porsche' for example, all throughout your meta tags and right on through including links etc...

That always helped me. Be patient though, but you do need to optimize a little better.

NewComputer, Oct 25, 2004 IP