1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Target Business Owners or SEO Companies when advertising

Discussion in 'Directories' started by Nima, Jan 25, 2014.

When advertising for a directory, do you think its better to target business owners directly or SEO company reps?

Nima, Jan 25, 2014 IP
  2. Bedwan

Bedwan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Long story short, Both :)

Bedwan, Jan 27, 2014 IP
  3. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree that the answer is both, for general directories. However, when marketing to site owners directly; it requires a bit of education on SEO, back links, the purpose of directories, etc.

As a niche directory owner, I get very few valid submissions form SEO companies. Most use automated tools and don't fill out the extra fields I require and/or the submissions are for unrelated sites.

YMC, Jan 27, 2014 IP
  4. Nima

Nima Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    SEO companies using automated submission tools? For free directory submissions?

Nima, Jan 27, 2014 IP
  5. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I don't know that's what they are doing but it does seem that the special fields are most often filled with keyword lists. Of course, it is a bit of text that's easily available for most submission companies.

YMC, Jan 27, 2014 IP
  6. Nima

Nima Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I remember back in the day I used to Auto fill tools as a Chrome or Firefox extension. So I guess they might still be around (and that's not spammy cause its done on a site to site basis). But i figured Free Submission era is pretty much over

Nima, Jan 27, 2014 IP
  7. razashah

razashah Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Most of SEO companies are using automated submission tools such as IBP but few of them are well know and better and use complete manual submissions and are much better to used with few investment, checkout SubmitEdge, one of the leading manual submissions online Company to instant target specific locations, countries and groups!

razashah, Feb 6, 2014 IP
  8. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Personally I prefer SEO/Web Professionals, marketing/website designers, etc.. People who have not only built quality web sites for their clients, but do NOT use automated submission tools and take their time to ensure they are categorically listing their clients web sites in the proper location. The extra time and care is noticeable, particularly when you look at the descriptions and keyword choices used when listing.

Mia, Feb 7, 2014 IP
    Nima likes this.
  9. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Extra time and care? Can't say as that has been my experience. It's the so-called web professionals who keep submitting real estate, dental and other unrelated sites to my niche directory.

YMC, Feb 9, 2014 IP
  10. seobala

seobala Member

Best Answers:
    For Instant and desired output we need to go for both......

seobala, Feb 9, 2014 IP
  11. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I guess I should have added YMMV (your mileage may vary).

It's not 100%, but its about 99.9% better than an automated DUMP. And that is what I was referring too.

I also find that we tend to see a better quality submission because we have a fee structure. Without it, (and I know many will argue), you get spammed with 1000's of MFA, landing pages and other crap sites on a daily basis. People spending money tend to (not always) ... more often than not take time and care in the submission process. That's just been my experience the last decade. Again, YMMV.

Mia, Feb 10, 2014 IP