1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Target Audience: Violent Video Games

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by david_sakh, Sep 8, 2004.

I'm developing a <somewhat> violent sprite-based game. I wonder if this is a good idea. Usally, addictive, non-violent, and cutsey, stylistically cartoonish games are on successful websites.

Should I follow this trend - or can you still be sucessful appealing to the 12-17 year old? :confused:

david_sakh, Sep 8, 2004 IP
  2. Dji-man

Dji-man Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

We've developed a non-violent choose-your-own-adventure cartoonish WW1 war game. We tested it in junior and high schools, kids liked it but guys would have love to be able to control the character's gun and to shoot the Germans instead of seeing the gun firing on its own at the end of some scenes, after they selected their next action.

Our goal to make it educational and so that teachers could use it to complement their programs on WW1, but also to attract kids to visit our website on their own.

If you want to make it edutainment, I advise against violence (teachers don't like violence). Otherwise, put some in. Anyway, kids see much worse on tv these days. Just don't make it too gory.

http://www.warmuseum.ca/cwm/overtop/index_e.html

Dji-man

Dji-man, Sep 8, 2004 IP
  3. david_sakh

david_sakh Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for your help. Maybe I can send you a demo of the unfinished game sometime? I'd appreciate your advice on how to best distribute it.

david_sakh, Sep 9, 2004 IP
  4. Dji-man

Dji-man Peon

Best Answers:
    Sure, np. I'll be happy to check your demo.

Dji-man, Sep 9, 2004 IP