1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Taking users to Youtube vs playing video on site

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by neeshu, Apr 12, 2018.

Hi,
    We have a youtube channel which shows videos on climate change and environment and wish to embed some of our videos on the website.

I just wanted to know your views on the pros and cons of playing the video on our website vs redirecting users to Youtube where they can watch our video.

Regards

neeshu, Apr 12, 2018 IP
  2. Dana C. Beck

Dana C. Beck Active Member

Best Answers:
    Greetings
    One of the disadvantages of hosting the video on your own domain / site can be performance. I have found when I embed a YouTube video on my site, it seems to load faster then if I had the video locally on my site. Also, if your site ever crashes or you want to develop a new site, the video (if it's on YouTube) is already functional and all you have to do is just add the embed code. I guess the only advantage to having the video stored locally on your site may be more control. But I am not aware of a great deal of advantages other than intellectual rights for hosting your videos. Hope this helps.

Dana C. Beck, Apr 12, 2018 IP
    neeshu likes this.
  3. DanielBlue

DanielBlue Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Embedding them on your own page makes you look more professional. If using youtube, people often end up on youtube and do not stay on YOUR site. I find embedding pretty easy and fast after the initial setting is done and when using amazon S3 and not the website host then they load superfast even if there are several users at the same time.

DanielBlue, May 20, 2018 IP
  4. seoauthority

seoauthority Member

Best Answers:
    For your purposes I would much prefer embedding on your own site, as you want visitors to stick and view your content. However, if you were going the YouTube route, that would be beneficial if you had a channel which you were regularly updating and geniunley encouranging subscribers as a form of social media marketing. It terms of speed, i've never found the videos to be slower embedded on my site, provided my site is optimised properly.

seoauthority, May 20, 2018 IP