1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Taking Monetization Beyond Ads/Affiliate/Info Products

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Chas9000c, Oct 21, 2022.

For over a year, I've been looking for creative ways to make more from the same traffic--beyond the usual affiliate links, ads, and info products.

I may have figured it out.

But it would only apply to certain kinds of websites.

The basic idea is this...

The site would offer to help site visitors find local service providers so they don't have to "go it alone." For example:
    • Pet sites refer visitors to pet groomers, trainers, sitters, vets
    • Home improvement sites offer to refer visitors to all sorts of home improvement professionals (designers, architects, plumbers, general contractors, etc.)
    • Music sites offer to find a local music tutor
    • Gardening sites offer to find a local landscaper, gardener
    • Etc....
    Whenever a site visitor clicked the link, they could enter their contact info, location, budget, and description of what they need.

Then only the best service providers in their local area (based on Google reviews) would be given a chance to pay for the site visitor's contact info as a qualified sales lead.

So the site visitor would then start getting emails from only the best service providers who already know what their needs are and what their budget is.

And the website owner would get a commission for referring the site visitor to the local service providers.

Basically it would be a lead gen service similar to what Thumbtack, Yelp, Angi, and others do... except that website owners could initiate the lead gen directly from their websites and earn a commission.

I'm considering building all the technology and back-end processes and systems to do this.

But before I do, I'd just like to get some feedback from experienced site owners--especially in niches that might have visitors who are in need of local services, like sites on pets, home improvement, music, gardening, etc.

Any thoughts about this approach? (Good or bad, all feedback welcome.)

Chas9000c, Oct 21, 2022 IP