1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Take Cpanel WHM backups locally in your home computer ~ TURTORIAL ~

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by tolisd, Feb 12, 2010.

The best and safe way to take backup the WHM is to use your home computer or you can use a second one . Follow the above steps if you want to take Cpanel WHm backup localy :

Step1. Set-up a computer with linux or windows , open in your internet router the 21 port and set the computers IP there.

Step2.Create in your computer one user with a strong password * and open the 21 port (i preffer linux to be honest with you , a simple ubuntu edition it is fine)

Step3.Login in your WHM

Step4.Click on “configure backup” on the left pane

Step5.Set backup status “Enable”

Step6.Set “Days of backup”

Step7.On “Remote FTP Host (Remote FTP Backup Only)” add your Ip address of your internet connection (find your ip at whatismyip.com if do not know)

Step8.On “FTP Backup User (Remote FTP Backup Only)” add username*

Step9.On “FTP Backup Password (Remote FTP Backup Only)” add password*

Step 10. Login in your WHM server via SSH and at root go to /scripts
    For example

cd/
    Cd scripts

Now force the WHM to take backup and send to your local computer with the following command ./cpbackup –-force

Now a message similar to this will showed :

[cpbackup] Process started in background.
    [cpbackup] Log file: /usr/local/cpanel/logs/cpbackup/34534534.log

Step 11. Done , after some minutes in your local computer a folder named backup will created and there you will find your .tar backup files

If you want to show the backup progress in your SSH then use the following command

cd/
    cd /usr/local/cpanel/logs/cpbackup/
    tail -n 1 34534534.log -f

** (beware the 34534534.log file is typical , you will need to type the correct name of your cpbackup log file ;) )

tolisd, Feb 12, 2010 IP
  2. premwithme

premwithme Active Member

Best Answers:
    well could you elaborate on it . Is there any tutorial with full step and entire commands .

I have a big social site with 10 GB well i don't thing it possible to do with this methos and not easy to download it as a single file .rar

i disperately nneed it. so please give us full insite in to it. And how to do it with Windons XP.

premwithme, Feb 12, 2010 IP
  3. tolisd

tolisd Peon

Best Answers:
    i
    I wrote the correct commands for the SSH and you will not need any other commands. for a computer with windows xp , install an ftp server and give privileges for the correct ftp port , add a user into your ftp server and a strong password , this user and password you will add in your WHM at the backup section.

The best way and secure way it is to use a server, if you do not have just rent one from one reliable datacenter , that server it does not need to have any WHM , a server with fedora and a large Hard drive it is fine , set up there the ftp and use this server as a backup . Strongly recommended to use a backup server from the same datacenter of your web hosting equipment , the benefits are a high speed when your WHM start the backup and the backup process will took less time .

tolisd, Feb 17, 2010 IP