1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Tailoring Your Content For Specific Countries

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Andrew Futcher, Feb 18, 2013.

Have you guys noticed that certain content focused topics produce results in some countries, but sometimes that same topic can have negative effects in others, even when both the webpages are relevant and of a good quality in every other measurable way?

For example; you can take a relatively benign topic that has a positive impact on rank for a page targeting the audience in one particular country, yet integrating that topic ever so seamlessly (i.e. without duplication, etc) into a website with a different target country and the results are unpredictable at best. This is of course not true for all key words used; just that the results have seemed so random every time I have encountered it.
    I for one am the kind of person who does not believe in random, especially with anything 'digital' in nature. The best answers I could find is because Google is "so clever", but there must be a reason why, a motivation for them doing that? This has been something that I have been looking into for a while now, especially considering I work(ed) with many of websites that needed changes/updating frequently.

So This Is My Conclusion:
    We know that Google already trends its search results independently for each account, so, in much the same way they use the search history to trend results for individuals, it makes sense they would/could do the same on a larger scale, per country and per city even? Assuming this is true, it seems logical that Google then assesses the on-page content independently to meet the ‘search history’ demands in each location, and ranks the page accordingly (this explains them losing much of their dependency on traditional links, meta data, etc). We know they already collect the statistics (they claim over billion unique searches per year) and have the processing power to pull it off...

And A New Possible Solution:
    I have been working on a solution to this problem; QUBOT (com.au) and you can use it for free without creating an account. (If you are a PRO user and you author many articles/webpages everyday, QUBOT is available from DigitalPoint Marketplace with a decent discount.) It works by assessing content and holistic word usage from the highest naturally ranking pages within most countries and compares it with your original source content, from this it can determine which text areas in your content are straying off topic, specifically for the chosen country. This helps you write content which is country/location specific (which is what most customers want) and can be tested and confirmed from anywhere in the world.

Let me know what you guys think of the idea and the solution?

Andrew Futcher, Feb 18, 2013 IP
  2. jacksarlo

jacksarlo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    "but sometimes that same topic can have negative effects in others"
    what sort of negative effects?

jacksarlo, Feb 21, 2013 IP