1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Tag cloud on Ecommerce site ?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by noddy10, Jun 20, 2009.

Hi,

Does anyone here have experience with putting tag clouds on their home page ? I'd seen them before but never understood what they were until recently. When I'd seen these on a site previously they just look like a dodgy attempt to draw traffic but I assume they must have an effect with sites like wordpress and and heaps of web 2.0 sites having them.
    SEMrush
    I'm considering using it for the SEO benefits but not if it would make an ecommerce site look shonky or put people off. I'd be interested in hearing from anyone with experience about the SEO benefits and positives/negatives. Thanks !

noddy10, Jun 20, 2009 IP
    SEMrush
  2. VSC

VSC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I think as in most marketing, the only way to know for sure if it will work on your site is to test.

Regarding the look, depending how you go about it, you should be able to design it to fit in with your site.

I'm using it on one of my sites which is has a very tight specific niche, and it seems to be working well. The reason I'm using it is to give people more of an instant idea of what's on the site (if they didn't already), plus with the script I'm using I can "cheat" the tags, and so help nudge people to the pages I want ...

Hope this helps,

VSC

VSC, Jun 30, 2009 IP
    noddy10 likes this.