1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

tablemaker setup of comment script

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by mike323, Aug 8, 2006.

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a comment script for my site. I was able to upload the script via ftp to my host but the section in the documentation that comes with the script that deals with the last step of setting up is a little bit vague. I emailed the scripts' creator for help but haven't received a reply yet.

This is the part that I don't get:

"tablemaker.php
    This is a script that can help you setup the database for the guestbook. You just enter the following information, click on the "Create table" button and the script will make a table in your database ready for use in your guestbook.

* MySQL DB host: The MySQL host address
    * DB username: The MySQL username
    * DB password: The MySQL password
    * DB name: The MySQL database name where you want the table to be created
    * Table name: The table name you want for your guestbook

If you clicked the "create table" button and there is an error, the script will let you know this.

NOTE: After creating the table, you should delete this file from the server"

Actually, it's really just mainly this part of the above: You just enter the following information, click on the "Create table" button".

Does anyone with experience with comment scripts know where I enter the above data and where I find the "Create Table" buttom?

I tried opening the tablemaker.php file but, as it is a .php file, that doesn't make much sense.

I also noticed the file still has a .zip extension and, when I click on it, I can't view the individual file pages, though I know they are there. Should I modify the extension or something? I'm new to this. Thank you.

mike323, Aug 8, 2006 IP