1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Tableless Site, with small problem with ads?

Discussion in 'CSS' started by misohoni, Jan 6, 2005.

If you view http://www.misohoni.com/bba/index.php in Firefox you can see when graphic banners show up - they float to the middle of the page. I checked the size and everything looks ok esp when Google Ads the same size appear ok...
    SEMrush
    Strange stuff!

misohoni, Jan 6, 2005 IP
    SEMrush
  2. J.D.

J.D. Peon

Best Answers:
    Your document is *so far* from being XHTML transitional, that this may screw things up (eg. all tags must be lower case). Don't use document.write - move this JS code to PHP.

J.D.

J.D., Jan 7, 2005 IP
  3. misohoni

misohoni Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, was it you before who said my code was like a freak baby or something - with a donkey head and baby body? haha

I can't change the JS to PHP - I think it's the CSS tags surrounding the graphic banner - although the Google ads show up ok and they are the same size?

misohoni, Jan 7, 2005 IP
  4. J.D.

J.D. Peon

Best Answers:
    DOCTYPE ins't there to beautify HTML - the browser may use DOCTYPE to create the appropriate HTML parser and if your HTML doesn't comply, your page may not render the way you expect in some browsers (or, sometimes, it may not render at all). If you are not XHTML-compliant, just use HTML transitional.

J.D.

J.D., Jan 7, 2005 IP
  5. misohoni

misohoni Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Is the code to use:
    1<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">1

misohoni, Jan 7, 2005 IP