1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Tableless css

Discussion in 'CSS' started by mrcountry, Mar 7, 2008.

Can someone take a look at my index page and tell me how difficult it will be to change to a tableless css page. Also how difficult will it be for me to create a template of that page and just add my content from there. Please send information and what the charge may be to help me with this and it has to validate.

mrcountry, Mar 7, 2008 IP
  2. mrcountry

mrcountry Active Member

Best Answers:
    well it wont let me add the web address. Just do a search for country custom tile. and also I want to know about changing the colors to be more user friendly.

3. shallowink

shallowink Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    shallowink, Mar 7, 2008 IP
  4. Colbyt

Colbyt Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If that link above me is in fact your page, it should not be too tough. A standard 3 column layout with a header div, banner div and footer plus the three columns for the main page portion.

Quite similiar to what I am using.

Colbyt, Mar 7, 2008 IP
  5. Dan Schulz

Dan Schulz Peon

Best Answers:
    Precisely. In fact, if done correctly, the HTML and CSS could be written in such a way that the HTML shouldn't have to be touched much (if at all) when it comes time to redesign the site after the switch to semantic markup has been made.

If you want to see an example or two of what I mean, check these out: (I use these as examples of what's possible when teaching other designers and developers how to get the most out of their HTML and CSS code, so while they're functional, they won't look pretty; please ignore the pastels ;))

http://www.dan-schulz.com/temp/2columnlayout/
    http://www.dan-schulz.com/temp/3columnlayout/
    http://www.dan-schulz.com/temp/4columnlayout/

Now, if you want me to show you how to convert your particular site over to HTML and CSS, just ask here and I'll see what I can cook up for you in the way of a "minimal markup" tutorial. :)

Dan Schulz, Mar 7, 2008 IP
  6. mrcountry

mrcountry Active Member

Best Answers:
    I really wan't to get this converted over, I'm just not sure on how to do it. I'm reading some of the CSS toturials now and trying to weigh my options. If you can help it would be greatly be appreciated.

7. Dan Schulz

Dan Schulz Peon

Best Answers:
    Most of the CSS tutorials won't cut the mustard, I'm afraid. Hang on, I'll see what I can do.

Dan Schulz, Mar 7, 2008 IP
  8. mrcountry

mrcountry Active Member

Best Answers:
    I really appreciate it. I'm really not getting much out of the tutorials. I really appreciate anything you can do to help. This is a whole new learning cure to me.