1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

T-Mobile's Air Card. Wireless anywhere.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by bschneider5, Feb 3, 2006.

I am pondering subscribing to T-Mobile's dataplan using an "air card" for my notebook. Has anyone else had any experience with this service and offer any suggestions on it?

bschneider5, Feb 3, 2006 IP
  2. tesla

tesla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I've never heard of it. I'm still using wires to connect to the net as of right now. Maybe that will change in a year or two, but right now I'm happy with what I'm using.

tesla, Feb 3, 2006 IP
  3. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    The only one of these cards I've had experience with is the Vodafone one ~ during a holiday in France...

It was so crap. I won't even go into how bad it was, but the long and short of it is that the software had *huge* compatibility and functionality issues which resulted in me having to try and get net access once every couple of hours for 4 days before I could actually connect at all. And even then the '3G' speeds were bullshit...

Basically, if the T-Mobile one is as bad as the Vodafone one was, I *really* wouldn't bother wasting your time getting it...

Such a huge disapointment - it's an awesome idea and had the potential to make my life a lot easier (Hell, I only got it so I could stay connected while I was away)...

SEbasic, Feb 3, 2006 IP
  4. bschneider5

bschneider5 Active Member

Best Answers:
    bschneider5, Feb 3, 2006 IP
  5. bschneider5

bschneider5 Active Member

Best Answers:
    OK, I went down this morning and bought the Sony Ericcson PC card and subscribed to the service. I went to work this afternoon, and gave it a try. The speed of this conection is that of dial up. YAK!

Anyway, I have big plans to utilize idle time at work building up my websites, etc. However, I can't get away from DP today! I've been surfing around here for hours!

bschneider5, Feb 4, 2006 IP