1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

syndic8.com

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by macdesign, Mar 28, 2005.

I've been looking throught this, and can't figure out how to use it. It seems to be a volunteer effort that reviews feeds and then provides an index to them. I found them a a referrer in my logs on a blog I just started and I've never heard of them before.

First question is how did they know I just started a new blog?

Second is, how can I search to see if my blog in waiting for review?

macdesign, Mar 28, 2005 IP
  2. Dastar

Dastar Active Member

Best Answers:
    You normally have to submit it for review (unless someone else did it for you). Then, it's polled for about a week to make sure it's up most of the time and has fresh topics. Then, it goes into review for syndication (a user has to review it). I signed up as a user and approved my own site :D

Dastar, Mar 28, 2005 IP
  3. macdesign

macdesign Peon

Best Answers:
    I signed up, but there seems to be a lack of clear docs and guidelines. The Yahoo group seems to be mostly people asking editors to review their feeds.

I can see I have access to a queue of feeds awaiting review, but how would I find if mine is in the queue? I have not found a search.

4. dchoe

dchoe Active Member

Best Answers:
    dchoe, Mar 28, 2005 IP
  5. macdesign

macdesign Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeh thanks I did a few days ago, but I have no clue but I'm doing with all this, I'm trying to learn about blogging software, RSS feeds and everything related - overnight. A client wants me to set this up ASAP

So far I've managed to get WordPress installed, but can't get it's RSS feeds to work, and have to figure out how to publicize all this and get traffic. I feel like I'm starting to learn web sites and SEO from scratch.