1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Switzerland will Vote to Ban Mosque Minarets

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by new, Nov 7, 2009.

One party (Swiss People's Party (SVP which also happens to be the largest political group in Switzerland) prints posters which depict Minarets as Missiles and says that Minarets will give rise to 'extremism' and "rampant Islamization"

so much for tolerance and religious freedom in Europe

and the interesting thing is that only 4 mosques in whole Switzerland have Minarets right now

the referendum will be voted on Nov. 29

read more http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1933893,00.html

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB125738800597529989.html

new, Nov 7, 2009 IP
  2. Traditione

Traditione Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ?

What about the Catholic Church towers? Or just churches that have Islamic influence, or were taken from Muslims and still have their minarets?

Or what about obelisks? Or other phallic symbols such as William Wallace's memorial?

Rock the Casbah.

Traditione, Nov 7, 2009 IP
  3. new

new Peon

Best Answers:
    they don't seem to have problem with any of those, however if there is a minaret on mosque than it will lead to "religious extremism"

new, Nov 7, 2009 IP
  4. Traditione

Traditione Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's ridiculous, they are works of art...

...How about Switzerland getting rid of secret bank accounts (in the process of doing so, but you know it's baloney) in order to prevent conflict?

...Or actually find a way to enforce anything agreed upon at Geneva?

It's time to stop putting bandages on gaping wounds. They are afraid of anything not entirely secular in that country (except for their intimate ties with the Vatican, but can't talk about that).

The fear of Muslims is preventing the biggest potential union of ideas and culture this planet has seen in our recorded history. In 2012, the Vatican gets destroyed, but the director refused to do anything at Mecca for fear of the repercussions. This fear is going to end us well before any retaliation even gets planned out.

Traditione, Nov 7, 2009 IP
  5. ChaosTrivia

ChaosTrivia Active Member

Best Answers:
    The voting will take place on 29. Nov.
    I lived in Switzerland for 3 years. And I know that swiss very closely.
    [​IMG]
    Switzerland is home to many religions. All colors of christianity, judaism, bahai, buddhist, hindu, whatever.
    I am sure that this ban will pass, the swiss are very smart people.
    You can't fool them with "freedom of religion" and "tolerance" arguments, which the Islamists successfully abuse in other countries.
    They know that Islam is not just another religion. Islam, unlike any other religion, puts itself above the state laws. They also know that minarettes are not part of Islam but just a mean to show off political power: Step 1 in the total takeover, which other countries already suffer from. But not the Swiss, they are extremely smart people.

Before the voting I will send all of my dozens of friends a letter to encourage them to go and vote: "YES!" :) !

ChaosTrivia, Nov 7, 2009 IP
  6. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Those who abuse women in the name of God, believe in conversion by the sword, and wish for Israel to be "wiped off the map" complain about intolerance. They irony is not lost on me.

Obamanation, Nov 7, 2009 IP
  7. new

new Peon

Best Answers:
    you forgot to suggest that they should also cut off water to Muslim communities in Switzerland,
    heck if we give them water they can come off with hydrogen bomb just like the minaret missiles :rolleyes:

and can you please suggest that which countries have been taken over by 'mosque minarets' ?

The path to world dominance was so simple just keep on constructing mosque minarets and that's it ! :rolleyes:

I guess others were are aware of the power that the minarets carry , thanks for enlightening us

new, Nov 7, 2009 IP
  8. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    So you also think Churches should be built in Mecca right?

You are not just some hypocrite demanding the west accommodate Islam, and not likewise demand Islam accommodate the west right?

Just to be clear, I think both should be allowed to be built in both places.

browntwn, Nov 7, 2009 IP
  9. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:
    ~ Why not the whole complex than just the Minarets, it is the architecture they are afraid of - would deem this another ridiculous conservative 'me only' type mentality. They are already laughing stocks to even be voting on it.

Breeze Wood, Nov 7, 2009 IP
  10. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I am laughing... that much is true.

Obamanation, Nov 7, 2009 IP
  11. ThraXed

ThraXed Peon

Best Answers:
    You're dumb sterotypes are just as retarded as saying all black people are unintelligent, or all Jews are liars, deceitful and have big noses...seriously, that's the level you are on right now, hope you're proud. :rolleyes:

ThraXed, Nov 7, 2009 IP
  12. browntwn

Best Answers:
    Classic. This is one for the books.

browntwn, Nov 7, 2009 IP
  13. new

new Peon

Best Answers:
    only a moron like you can compare Switzerland with Mecca, they are not equal in any sense

Mecca & Medina are like Vatican ... ...will they allows us to build a mosque in Vatican ?
    Mecca and Medina have significant religious Importance and have been designated special Place in Islam, where over 2 million Muslims gather for largest pilgrimage in the world
    other than that, non-Muslims should be free to worship, churches should be allowed and are allowed in Islamic States

and unlike Switzerland Saudi Arabia does not claim to be a liberal, modren and enlightened democracy which boasts religious equality, freedom and same opportunities for everyone

only a genius can come-up with the reasons that mosque minaret will give way to extremism and Islamization, anyone can guess that having such nonsense polls will provoke more extremism in Muslims as they will feel cornered and discriminated

Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
    new, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  14. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So it's o.k. for Saudi Arabia to ban churches. :D

bogart, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  15. new

new Peon

Best Answers:
    reading the post before commenting is a sensible thing to do

new, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  16. ChaosTrivia

ChaosTrivia Active Member

Best Answers:
    oh, so you say that actually Saudi Arabi is not a liberal, modern and enlightened democracy which boasts religious equality, freedom and same opportunities for everyone? wohoooooo. never thought of that....

It is stupid to say that mosque minaret will give way to extremism and Islamization. And this is also not the official case of those who promote the so called "Volksinitiative" (proposal for referendum by the people of Switzerland). I have explained the case, very shortly, in my previous post in this thread.

This is their official reasoning, in their official website:
    http://minarette.ch/darum_geht_es.html

It is well written and perfectly true. Maybe I will not get too lazy and translate it to you sometimes later.

ChaosTrivia, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  17. new

new Peon

Best Answers:
    may be you need to check with times why they are saying

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1933893,00.html#ixzz0WHUu54oh

new, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  18. browntwn

Best Answers:
    No Islamic lands offer freedom and equality to non-Muslims. That is the point.

Anyway, of course you demand Switzerland do something but where is your demand on Saudi Arabia? The silence is what makes you a hypocrite.

browntwn, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  19. new

new Peon

Best Answers:
    hypocrites are those who try to appear as champions of humanity before the world, like there is no one more kind, kind gentle and openhearted than them
    but are in fact so mean and full of hate that can't even tolerate a couple of minarets

new, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  20. Truth777

Truth777 Peon

Best Answers:
    Switzerland will Vote to Ban Mosque Minarets

GREAT NEWS! I WISH I COULD VOTE TOO.

Truth777, Nov 8, 2009 IP