1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sustainability of MSN rankings

Discussion in 'Bing' started by david_sakh, Mar 8, 2005.

I've been ranking relatively well in a few well-established kws in msn. I do have dynamic content, so that's not a problem...but does past performance guarantee future performance, or is MSN still undergoing extensive changes?

david_sakh, Mar 8, 2005 IP
  2. a389951l

a389951l Must Create More Content

Best Answers:
    I think MSN will have their share of "dances".

a389951l, Mar 8, 2005 IP
  3. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    I don't monitor near as much as google, but I've remained exceptionally well placed for sites/keywords. I've seen little difference on those sites that started off tops, and have seen improvement on some sites I've been trying to get closer to the top.

MSN is a dream search engine for placement of my sites.

GTech, Mar 8, 2005 IP
  4. david_sakh

david_sakh Peon

Best Answers:
    seriously. I'm beating well established sites with very little effort. (or pagerank!!!)

I need to focus on the bigger keywords now.

david_sakh, Mar 8, 2005 IP
  5. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    I hear ya. My top keywords as well as smaller ones rank exceptionally well. That's why I don't focus on MSN a lot. Google is much more of a challenge.

GTech, Mar 8, 2005 IP
  6. ohcnetwork

ohcnetwork Peon

Best Answers:
    Like Yahoo, MSN doesn't appear to be so discreet about where your IBL come from. Sig links work well, if you are a kind of person who posts a bunch in many forums. Link exchange with mediocre websites also seem to work well. Also MSN, if I get this right, is not really taking time into consideration, which is great for new websites.

With regard to its index, it fluctuates a lot. You can observe steady change in Google and Yahoo, but MSN doesn't seem to make steady changes. For example, you double # of IBL since yesterday, but you will lose half of them tomorrow. Something like that happens pretty often. Maybe this is because MSN SE isn't that matured yet (I like TV ad though).

ohcnetwork, Mar 9, 2005 IP
    T0PS3O likes this.
  7. toddieg

toddieg Peon

Best Answers:
    i've seen instances of msn showing backlinks for forum sigs that i just posted earlier in the day :)

i like the tv ads too. also i've been seeing lots of adwords PPC ads for the new MSN search.

we'll see what happens.

toddieg, Mar 9, 2005 IP