1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

suspected guidelines violation

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by rbdaves, May 5, 2012.

I am the moderator of a Yahoo! group and have a paid Yahoo! Plus account. I can send messages to my Yahoo! group from Mozilla Thunderbird if I send from any of my accounts except my Yahoo! account. When I attempt to send an email from my Yahoo! email account using Thunderbird, it is bounced back because of "suspected guidelines violation". I've tried setting up my yahoo! server name to plus.pop.Yahoo.com, port 465 as suggested on a help page, but this doesn't work. One of the Account settings for this Yahoo! account is "Outgoing Server = (SMTP) use default server". There's an option for ron_daves - plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com, but this doesn't work.

Last edited: May 5, 2012
    rbdaves, May 5, 2012 IP
  2. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is the group still in good standing? If so, it's very odd that you'd receive a suspected guidelines violation.

You said, you send an email from my Yahoo! email account using Thunderbird. What if you don't use Thunderbird? Do you still get the suspected guidelines violation?

danasurvey, May 5, 2012 IP
  3. rbdaves

rbdaves Peon

Best Answers:
    I have several email accounts I use them all from within thunderbird. Yahoo! is the only account I am having problems with. I think my problem has something to do with TBird's server settings as related to my Yahoo! email account. I just need to know what the server settings are for TBird 12.01 and Yahoo email.. There's info out there about TBird 3, but it doesn't work with 12.01

rbdaves, May 5, 2012 IP
  4. warek44

warek44 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I don't know about cache but the strange thing is I can not see the impressions in Google website for couple of days back and people do come from google which I have seen in Google Analytics, so something is going on with Google.

warek44, May 6, 2012 IP
  5. rbdaves

rbdaves Peon

Best Answers:
    Your post appears to have been put in the wrong place. My problem is with Yahoo! plus and Mozilla Thunderbird V12

rbdaves, May 6, 2012 IP
  6. rbdaves

rbdaves Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm about ready to give up on Yahoo! email. This problem persists and there are no answers I can find that help me

rbdaves, Jun 22, 2012 IP