1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

supplementals was improving, now right back where we started?

Discussion in 'Google' started by cgchris99, May 3, 2006.

I have been watching one of my sites very closely. If I did a google site:mydomain.com, I would look each page of the results until I found the supplementals.

In the beginning they started at page 6, then finally page 7 and the past 5 days the supplementals didn't show up until page 8. I was thinking that it was nice to see some improvements and thought google was actually fixing something. Well today we are back at page 6 for supplementals and showing a Jan 2005 cache. arrrrghhhh.

cgchris99, May 3, 2006 IP
  2. MikeSwede

MikeSwede Peon

Best Answers:
    That's Google for you :( Don't know WTH they are doing! Wish they would keep their BETA crap to themselves until they've got all bugs fixed...

MikeSwede, May 3, 2006 IP
  3. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    Serious stuff going on on google today! Watch out ... could be more bad news!

LaCabra, May 3, 2006 IP
  4. cgchris99

cgchris99 Peon

Best Answers:
    sayles,

Thanks for the news, I think.:eek:

5. andy_boyd

andy_boyd Active Member

Best Answers:
    Doesn't look good from here, got all my supplementals and none of my new pages. My site's supplemental pages have a cache date of 18th July 2005!

What is going on with this?

andy_boyd, May 3, 2006 IP
  6. Pootwan

Pootwan Active Member

Best Answers:
    One of my sites with a forum that had only old pages listed all supplemental just got updated yesterday. All the old pages are gone, I now have 6 pages cached properly with recent dates -- but this is out of at least 1000 pages that should be indexed. Sigh.

Pootwan, May 3, 2006 IP
  7. cgchris99

cgchris99 Peon

Best Answers:
    All my supplementals are now gone. However, only 102 pages indexed instead of 1500-2000 that should be there.

8. andy_boyd

andy_boyd Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just did a site: on McDar's Dance tool ... there's definitely a lot of movement happening now. What I see using the McDar tool is a gradual deletion of old supplementals spreading across the datacenters. However, Google has not added any of the new pages they have been spidering on a daily basis for the last month or so.

There's growing chatter about a Google dance, which would lead me to think that this is all just part of the larger move to BigDaddy's new infrastructure. Given that Eric Schmidt was quoted in the NYT as saying that Google currently have a crisis in terms of storage space, I wonder if that has anything to do with our general supplemental problem. Perhaps we will see all supplemental pages deleted in time to free up space?

andy_boyd, May 4, 2006 IP
  9. cgchris99

cgchris99 Peon

Best Answers:
    Indexed pages climbed slightly overnight. Went from 102 to 128. Hopefully it keeps climbing. I have been waiting since February for some pages to get indexed.

cgchris99, May 4, 2006 IP
  10. Jim bob 9 pants

Jim bob 9 pants Peon

Best Answers:
    Lets hope it keeps going, i am down 40k of pages across 5 sites

Jim bob 9 pants, May 4, 2006 IP
  11. cgchris99

cgchris99 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I'm up to 151 indexed pages. The pages getting indexed is moving at a snails pace. Occasionally when I check the indexed pages, the old supplemental results show up again. It will show 2300+ pages indexed and 99% are supplemental.

I have had new pages on the site for weeks and they are still not indexed.

cgchris99, May 16, 2006 IP