1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Supplemental Results are blocking my pages, please help!

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Grand, Jun 12, 2007.

Hello all,
    I'm completely redesigning and updating my website, as well as getting a new host, so please ignore the page's unattractiveness.

Google's Supplemental Results. Argh. They seem to blocking my pages (how many I don't know, I haven't checked). Here's an example:

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q="emblem+of+red"+grand+files&btnG=Search&meta=

With the key phrase, and my site's name, it still only near the bottom of the list! And that's not even the page I want it to link to.

http://grandfiles.com/games/fighting/index.html

That is my list of games in that category.

http://grandfiles.com/games/fighting/emblem-of-red.html

And that is the specific page for that game. The category page is a "supplemental result" and the actual game's page isn't even coming up at all! No wonder I'm hardly getting any traffic from Google!

Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can stop it? There are two things that I can think of, first of all the description is the same on both pages, is it getting blocked by Googles duplicate content filter? Secondly, the term "Emblem Of Red" naturally comes up a LOT on the specific page, do you think Google thinks I'm "keyword stuffing"?

Thanks in advance for help, I just wanted to know what the problem is so I can fix it in the upcoming major redesign. Cheers!

Grand, Jun 12, 2007 IP
  2. oseymour

oseymour Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    use site:www.yourdomain .com to see which one of your pages are in the supplemental result.

Your pages need more content on them....

oseymour, Jun 12, 2007 IP
  3. leede

leede Guest

Best Answers:
    hi mate,
    the link cannot be accessed, pls check it

thks ;)

leede, Jun 12, 2007 IP
  4. Grand

Grand Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, most of my site is supplemental...

Grand, Jun 12, 2007 IP
  5. leede

leede Guest

Best Answers:
    yes,
    we can't control what googxx does anything:rolleyes:

leede, Jun 12, 2007 IP
  6. easywab

easywab Peon

Best Answers:
    put unique contents... go through your sup. pages and try to identify the issue...

easywab, Jun 12, 2007 IP
  7. jumong79

jumong79 Banned

Best Answers:
    Last week my blog site is on supplemental, I just update my content and submit it to directory which accept a deep link it takes five days to remove my supplemental. Try building more link for your sub pages. I hope it will help Good luck.

jumong79, Jun 13, 2007 IP
  8. trichnosis

trichnosis Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    you need more backlinks to get out them from suplemental results. the main criteria for those pages are page rank

trichnosis, Jun 13, 2007 IP
  9. toinkzzz

toinkzzz Banned

Best Answers:
    toinkzzz, Jun 13, 2007 IP
    Grand likes this.
  10. Grand

Grand Peon

Best Answers:
    toinkzzz, thanks a lot for that link! I'll change the descriptions one of the two pages where they are on, install a 301 redirect in .htaccess. Plus the source code is a LOT tidier in the redesign (valid XHTML :cool:) is maybe that will help, and I'm planning on getting some better incoming links. Another thing I just thought of is to have a sitemap page on the homepage, so that those supplemental inner pages will only be two clicks away from the homepage...

So, if I install a 301 redirect in .htaccess, pointed from non-www. to www., will all of the PageRank gained by my non-www. be transferred to the www. one? Because at the moment, my non-www has a PR of 2, whereas my www homepage has a "fake" PR of 2 (whatever that means, I got it off some site). Also, almost all incoming links at the moment are to the non-www... If I decide to change my site to "www", and install a a 301 redirect in .htaccess, will I get "real" PR for my www. homepage? A bit off topic, but I'd really appreciate any help.

Grand, Jun 13, 2007 IP
  11. toinkzzz

toinkzzz Banned

Best Answers:
    301 redirection was nice idea... do you have an account of google webmaster tools? it can be more helpful if you will indicate in the google webmaster tools your prioritized domain,, if it is with or w/o www...

toinkzzz, Jun 14, 2007 IP