1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Supplement Results

Discussion in 'Google' started by Ferrarislave, Aug 23, 2006.

1. superpump

superpump Peon

Best Answers:
    lol as of last week, every page on my site was a supplemental. Now I am seeing more and more pages come back to regular index.

superpump, Oct 2, 2006 IP
  2. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Again, do keep in mind some DC's still have you as supplemental, some don't. I am convinced that is quite intentional.

Mia, Oct 2, 2006 IP
  3. danimal

danimal Active Member

Best Answers:
    that is complete rubbish.

none of my sites have recip links, and i've seen some drastic changes in google's rankings... whether it's because of an algo or not is the key, and sometimes you can't tell.

danimal, Oct 2, 2006 IP
  4. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the nice comments. I will be sure to add that to my resume. :p

Dude I could go around calling what you say rubbish but I don't know you and could care less. I respect everyones opinions and alteast expect the same of mine especially when I say something that specificly happened TO ME.
    Please don't call that rubbish or it will upset me.

I have spent alot of time learning what I have learned and don't mind sharing it to those who care.

visio, Oct 3, 2006 IP
  5. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I can understand you being distressed by the comment, visio, but the fact remains that danimal is correct - it is "rubbish".

And you never did answer my question to you.

minstrel, Oct 3, 2006 IP
  6. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its rubbish that my sites never have lost rankings because of an update? You don't know that. :rolleyes:

I have been doing seo for a while and have alot of experiance. Go over to seochat.com if you want and ask some of them.

AND WHAT WAS THE QUESTION?

I have found people on DP to be very oppinionated but just that. Like you you call my knowledge rubbish yet provide no real opinion of your own.

You think all sites change because of updates?

visio, Oct 3, 2006 IP
  7. Kaudo

Kaudo Peon

Best Answers:
    But, Visio, are you talking about ranking for some specific search phrase?

Searching for your site:1stsearchenginerankings, I still see all your pages starting from the 28th result in supplemental index (it´sthe Retsambew Dash Klat for Charity Contest » Google History Post).

Please, now check your logs or Google analytics account or whatever you use, and let me know if you still rank well for search phrases bringing the traffic to these (from 28th up) pages before BigDaddy, thanks.

Kaudo, Oct 3, 2006 IP
  8. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Yeah those pages on retsambew dash klat are all old junk. I don't care really whats going on with them lol

I am not really referring to my 1stsearchenginerankings.com site for the big daddy update. I have other sites that have been around for years and none of these experiance any problems during any updates and actually believe it or not most of my sites have an increase in traffic right after the updates.
    If you check: http://www.google.com/search?q=site:www.1stsearchenginerankings.com&hl=en&lr=&start=10&sa=N
    You will see all my posts on seo since I switched the blog are all in the regular index. Any pages on the retsambew contest and some forum pages went supplemental. Again I am not really worried. I plan on switching the forum when I get time anyways. And the contest is over...

EDIT: On rankings I get traffic on alot of phrases. Again I have done no link building so all these keywords are from my posts. But I get good traffic from google because of it.

visio, Oct 3, 2006 IP
  9. minstrel

Best Answers:
    Do you think that makes you unique? or less naive?

I assume that's a joke, right?

See above. I repeated it twice. You ignored it twice. Don't be coy.

See above. I already provided my opinion. The problem is that apparently you don't or can't read.

minstrel, Oct 3, 2006 IP
  10. danimal

danimal Active Member

Best Answers:
    bottom line, google does not run around telling people exactly why rankings for their sites have changed.

you should have learned that a long time ago.

danimal, Oct 3, 2006 IP
  11. danimal

danimal Active Member

Best Answers:
    your specific statement was "I only have one-way links so nothing can really happen."

one-way links are no guarantee of anything.

danimal, Oct 3, 2006 IP
  12. Kaudo

Kaudo Peon

Best Answers:
    Kaudo, Oct 3, 2006 IP
  13. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No I don't take that as a joke. And I don't mean to boast either.

MINSTREL:
    There is no way to tell exactly what google is going to disqualify, discredit or totaly elimiate as a factor however their are points along the way which you can follow to get a good idea.
    For example back a few years ago it was common to see doorway pages, hidden text, cloaking etc etc get top results and go unnoticed by google or so it seemed. We all knew they were spamming and eventually google found a way to get past each of these and no it is very dangerous to start a page with these BH methods. When a method or factor in Google is being spammed you can expect google to eventually discredit that factor.

One factor that is the hardest to fake and for BH sites to get is good quality relevant one-way links. And these will remain the greatest value. These are hard to obtain unless you have good content which the other webmaster will want to link to without being asked. Once you get a bunch of these authority links you get a importance level in Google. Sure you can lose rankings but you won't disappear like those who have a backlink structure of recip & links page links.

I don't mean to insinuate I have never lost a ranking or position in Google. It has happened but it doesn't happen to me because of a update. It usually happens because I haven't had time or have been lazy in keeping up the link building of that particular site or its content.

The site that will succeed above all others and not have the big waves that some of you seem to be having is the site that has the content everyone wants to link to. Whether it be up-to-date articles, tools, hard to find information or whatever. Content is and always will be king.

I started a thread in adsense about interviewing adsense users who made a good sum with their sites. Those sites that use BH techniques, crappy content and other methods just to make quick money will go down sooner or later. Yes even good ethical white hat sites will be effected at times.
    The problem with most sites is they try and escape the waves and the waves catch up and smash the site while those who ride into the waves come out on top.
    What I mean is you have to watch the market, watch what google is changing and what sites are moving around. SEO is about researching day and night. If you ever stop you are bound to fall back. You can still call all this a bunch of baloney but I don't know about you but I watch my competition. When one of them drops out into nothing I take a look. I try and determine what caused it. If I can I can make sure I never make the same mistake.

Also some people see and update and instead of wading it out try and get back to where they were by editing their site. Adding, removing and replacing things when their site might have returned to its spot. It has happened that Google fluctuates sites in updates yet if they just wade it out they will return back to where they were. This is not always the case but I have seen it happen more often than not.

I don't claim to have as much knowledge as some of these professionals that you probably know of but I have done alot of research and have done well with my sites.

See above. Google doesn't tell anything no but it gives enough hints for those willing to dig a little. Seo takes work not so much brains. If it took rocket scientists I would be in a different field but it just takes work and lots of patience

Also you can't rely on recip links or links page links for a ranking. It is a foundation build on shaky ground. The earthquake will come and you will have disappeared.

Oh Minstrel if I didn't get your answer in there I am sorry. I thought I answered it in this post.

visio, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  14. minstrel

Best Answers:
    There is nothing, repeat nothing wrong with reciprocal links per se and nothing inherently better about one-way (or three-way) linking. Reciprocal linking occurs naturally in the process of organic linking, especially among authority sites.

The key, whether links are one way, two way, three way, or five way, is whether the links are relevant to ther theme of the site (i.e., site content). If they are, whether the link is or is not reciprocal is irrelevant. If they are not relevant, whether the link is or is not reciprocal is also irrelevant, since it will of little or no use to you.

minstrel, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  15. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thats not true. I agree that recip relevant content links are fine and will give you value but they cannot be compared to the same quality site giving you a one-way link with nothing in return. The one-way has more value.
    If you can get relevant recip links that are from pages within the site and not links pages I say that is great. These links will benefit you and will give you more importance than even high PR recip links that are unrelated and/or are from links pages.

If you can provide one professional or a good reliable article that says they are equal I would love to read it but professionals have agreed for a while now that recip links aren't even what they used to let alone equal to one-ways.

visio, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  16. minstrel

Best Answers:
    That is a widely propagated myth but it is nonetheless a total myth. It is further evidence of your naiveté. Hint: Stay away from SEOChat.

Please provide me with a single piece of evidence that substantiates this claim - and no, I don't mean a post on this or any other website that it's true - I mean evidence.

Who is talking about links pages and how is that relevant to this debate?

"Professionals have agreed"? Who? That's like saying "everyone knows"... it doesn't alter the fact that it's untrue. At one time, "professionals agreed" and "everyone knew" that the earth was flat.

Evidence is what matters, not how many people have propagated a myth.

minstrel, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  17. Kaudo

Kaudo Peon

Best Answers:
    Visio, I am sure you have a lot of potential but this is not the way. Just accept the fact that they do not know anything more than you. Even you can be the "reliable article" or "professionals"...

Kaudo, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  18. afactory

afactory Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yesterday, one of my 200,000 pages site get back to the normal index from the supplement index, without any changes from my side.

Any ideas whats going on ;) ?

afactory, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  19. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I will leave it at that because I can see nothing will sway your ideas however I can also see you haven't done much link building in your time or you would have noticed the difference in value. Things aren't the same as they were 3 yrs ago. Things have changed greatly. Whether you accept that or not is your problem. But I will continue to treat recip links as less valuable because they are. It all boils down to each party wanting evidence. Well here it is: Go do some of your own research like I have done. Test your 'theories' and I think you will soon realize that unlike in 2004 when a recip link might have been equal to a 1 way link today they aren't.

I run quite a few sites and have done SEO for abunch of others and can tell you if recip were equal to one-way links it would have made the job a heck of a lot easier.

Do you also still believe that PageRank effects rankings? That is also a myth :p

visio, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  20. minstrel

Best Answers:
    That's what I thought. No evidence whatsoever. :)

minstrel, Oct 5, 2006 IP