1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Supplement Results

Discussion in 'Google' started by Ferrarislave, Aug 23, 2006.

1. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    i got new site that ranks in google with like 90% recips, don't know how, links are maybe 75% related, it has no affiliate content, no adsense etc and 19 out of 20 pages on it are supplemental, site is like less then 2 years old ... acutally forget it its not there anymore

ferret77, Oct 8, 2006 IP
  2. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    More misinformation. Better to do your own research than to rely on the visio version, regurgitated from the mythology he reads on other forums.

That may (and I said "may") have been true at one time. It certainly is not the case today.

minstrel, Oct 9, 2006 IP
  3. BettyBoop

BettyBoop Peon

Best Answers:
    Theres nothing like sitting down in the morning with a cup of coffee and getting my daily dose of the DP soap opra... :) I think we need to hold a DP boxing match, what do you guys think? Minstrel, Visio, you guys up for this? :D

BettyBoop, Oct 9, 2006 IP
  4. minstrel

Best Answers:
    I don't think so. Increasingly, debating with visio feels like tripping competitors at the Special Olympics... :rolleyes:

minstrel, Oct 9, 2006 IP
  5. MythIP

MythIP Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have the same problem.

MythIP, Oct 9, 2006 IP
  6. reapr

reapr Peon

Best Answers:
    I would have to ask do you have lots of affiliate links on your site? The reason I ask is that supplemental does not make a lot of sense lately and I think it is a combination of a lot of factors and it would be nice to get to the bottom of it.

reapr, Oct 9, 2006 IP
  7. toonsgig

toonsgig Peon

Best Answers:
    If any site has supplement result pages, it can be banned?

we can see supplement pages as Spam pages?

toonsgig, Oct 10, 2006 IP
  8. minstrel

Best Answers:
    No. Many different kinds of pages are currently in the Supplemental index. It doesn't seem to imply anything either negative or positive about those pages.

minstrel, Oct 10, 2006 IP
  9. reapr

reapr Peon

Best Answers:
    Is there evidence that Google has admited this? I have heard 'others' talk of this but nothing to back it up.

reapr, Oct 10, 2006 IP
  10. minstrel

Best Answers:
    Yes. Both the Google Sitemaps Team and Matt Cutts have acknowledged some issues following Big Daddy, although they were clearly trying to downplay the scope of the problems. You can find references to these scattered here and there in various threads in the Google forum here at DigitalPoint.

minstrel, Oct 10, 2006 IP
  11. jaguar-archie2006

jaguar-archie2006 Banned

Best Answers:
    jaguar-archie2006, Oct 10, 2006 IP
  12. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    That pretty much sums up Supplemental Results in a nut shell!

Mia, Oct 10, 2006 IP
  13. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dude not sure where you come up with your info. Show me a main keyword where a supplemental page has a top ten ranking. There are none. Supplemental results are limited....
    As for lately with all the supplementals. That is because of the updates. I wouldn't worry about those. But real supp pages will effect how you rank. No doubt about that.

visio, Oct 13, 2006 IP
  14. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I think I found a way out. If I get time today I will finally put part two of my supplemental results blog entry...

Mia, Oct 13, 2006 IP
  15. Lordo

Lordo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hope you do. Waiting for your experience.

Lordo, Oct 13, 2006 IP
  16. reapr

reapr Peon

Best Answers:
    I have never seen a top 10 competitive supplemental in the top ten. I have seen several cases of non competitive of my own pages that were in the top ten.

When it comes to reciprocal links they do offer value. Visio I agree that nothing beats the value of one-way same/similar content site. Of course they have to have similar PR. I am not a self professed expert. This is just an opinion based on my own observations and if someone wants to argue the point we will let this and future updates decide who is wrong. I won't line up at the fence with the 'boyz'.

reapr, Oct 13, 2006 IP
  17. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    We agree 100%. I agree supp results can rank for low competition phrases and if minstrel would show us is bulky knowledgebase full of supplemental sites(which of course are equal to regular as he says) which he ranks for very competitive phrases. And friends he never will show us because he doesn't have any and there are none. Not sure where he gets his ideas but they are very flawed. And I do not get my knowledge from reading but researching and observing. I don't make what I do from an e-book :rolleyes:

visio, Oct 14, 2006 IP
  18. minstrel

Best Answers:
    You don't see the irony and contradictions in those statements, visio? :rolleyes:

That's hilarious. Who's been quoting Aaron Wall and randfish ad nauseum? Shall I post some of your hilarious PMs here, visio? :rolleyes:

minstrel, Oct 14, 2006 IP
  19. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Aaron Wall and Randfish unlike yourself have spent alot of time researching Google rankings and I quote them because if there is anyone I trust in the SEO world it is them. I have not read their e-books but do follow their blogs and have learned alot from them. They are REAL seo and have great insight. Just 2 years(around there) ago randfish was a nobody who wanted to learn seo. He is now very successful and very knowledgeable. I take their oppinions very serious because in the past I have avoided alot of mistakes by doing so.

NOBODY who is ANYBODY in the seo world would say that Aaron Wall or randfish isn't someone who is very experianced in the seo industry. I think you have ALOT to learn mate.

visio, Oct 14, 2006 IP
  20. affnice

affnice Peon

Best Answers:
    Supplemental result :
    Duplicate Content
    No Content
    Orphan Page

affnice, Oct 14, 2006 IP