1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Superman The Movie

Discussion in 'Movies, Music & TV' started by Daniel, Jun 30, 2006.

The new Superman movie KICKS ASS!!!

I strongly suggest going to see it :)

I was skeptical for sure being as I gre up watching the original three flicks but I have to say I was very happy with the new one.

Anyone who has seen it dont post anything specific we dont want to ruin such a great movie for anyone!

Daniel, Jun 30, 2006 IP
  2. elusid

elusid Peon

Best Answers:
    wow im behind I didnt think it was out yet glad to see a good review I will definetly check it out.

elusid, Jun 30, 2006 IP
  3. Guru

Guru Peon

Best Answers:
    I jsut watched this movie in imax 3D it is super awesome and cool go watch it.

Guru, Jun 30, 2006 IP
  4. moneyspeaks

moneyspeaks Peon

Best Answers:
    idk, movies are just fantasy, and I find fantasy to be very unsettling, to consider how it cotrols the mind of everyone. And to me actors are just the best liars around.

But...i do bet that the movie kicked some arse despite my cynical view. And superman is perfect for all of us to fantasize about. Not from earth, bullet proof, fast, good looking, respected, can fly. Pefect money making idea.

moneyspeaks, Jun 30, 2006 IP
  5. Guru

Guru Peon

Best Answers:
    Who cares about all that its a good movie.. No one is fantasising over a "superhero"

Guru, Jun 30, 2006 IP
  6. CeciliaH

CeciliaH Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thumbs up over here. I was almost at the front of the line for the release Tuesday night at 10:00pm :) I'm a die hard fan of Superman in general - and loved the movie.

There was one part of the plot - the twist - that I'm not sure I agree with..still thinking about it. It will be interesting to see what they do with it next - since WB has signed Brandon Routh for a further 2 movies. I wonder if they will both be superman movies or something else.

CeciliaH, Jul 1, 2006 IP
  7. Guru

Guru Peon

Best Answers:
    There are alot of christian undertones. Like when he talks about the father and son and how you never see his father. And then there when hes saying he hears the world crying for a savior and everything. And when he throws the planet full of kryptonite is symbolying thorwing away our sins. Then he falls down exactly like a cross for like 7 seconds. I wondered if anyone caught all that im sure the director is a christian.

Guru, Jul 1, 2006 IP
  8. SumitBahl

SumitBahl Reign of Chaos

Best Answers:
    I still have not seen Superman, but i have heard new Indian superhero movie Krissh (released simultaneously with Superman Returns) is grossing higher than superman even in the US. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

SumitBahl, Jul 1, 2006 IP
  9. Guru

Guru Peon

Best Answers:
    Na I dont think so super man made 20 mil on first day which was in teh middle of the week! Justt imagine how much tere going to make today since its saturday.

Guru, Jul 1, 2006 IP
  10. SumitBahl

SumitBahl Reign of Chaos

Best Answers:
    hummm.... i just heard it somewhere, maybe the comparison was for Indian figures.

SumitBahl, Jul 1, 2006 IP
  11. dilipsam

dilipsam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Most of the scenes of Krish reminded me of Matrix which means we are years behind the US in film-making. We can only whack plots and effects from Hollywood.:rolleyes:

Taking about the Superman concept, I get only reminded of Nietzsche who was the first to use that term, Ubermensch in German.

His Superman concept exceeds all super heroes and seems very practical indeed.

http://www.google.com/search?q=nietzsche+superman

dilipsam, Jul 1, 2006 IP
  12. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Am I the only one that thought the new superman movie... sucked.... really sucked?

It was a full hour longer than it needed to be. The movie moved at such a slow pace I nearly fell asleep watching it.... For a $300 million movie they could have done a little better on the action scenes as well....

yo-yo, Jul 1, 2006 IP
  13. Guru

Guru Peon

Best Answers:
    Ya but there were more positives than negatives. Atleast it wasnt liek so unrealistic like with a milliam action scenes where you know superman is going to save the day.

Guru, Jul 1, 2006 IP
  14. Daniel

Daniel Peon

Best Answers:
    Bah I dont think it sucked I do agree maybe they could have cut about 30 mins from it I felt it moved slowly in a few parts too but I dont think it sucked at all :)

Daniel, Jul 1, 2006 IP
  15. Guru

Guru Peon

Best Answers:
    But I like it being that long. Hardly any blockbuster movies are like 1 hours and a half. Then you leave the theatre feeling empty.

Guru, Jul 1, 2006 IP
  16. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They could have cut about 60 minutes from it, not added in the corny story which I wont spoil for anyone who hasn't seen it.. and done a lot better action scenes. But that's just me... when I heard it was the most expensive movie ever made I was hoping to be a little impressed by it...

yo-yo, Jul 1, 2006 IP
  17. Guru

Guru Peon

Best Answers:
    Its most expensive because of the new kind of 3d it used. It costs a lot of money to do that. First movie ever to use that kind of 3d. Takes 1 year tp create 1 scene in that 3d

Guru, Jul 1, 2006 IP
  18. Daniel

Daniel Peon

Best Answers:
    Didnt water world cost more than 300,000,000?

Daniel, Jul 1, 2006 IP
  19. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wiki is your best friend :D

With a budget of $175 million, the film only grossed a meager $88 million at the U.S. box office, and was initially considered to be one of the biggest flops ever made.

yo-yo, Jul 1, 2006 IP
  20. Daniel

Daniel Peon

Best Answers:
    lol ok then :D

Daniel, Jul 1, 2006 IP