1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Super website seo pages

Discussion in 'Services' started by danephillips, Sep 6, 2005.

1. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    What difference does that make to the fact you are filling the Google index with DUPLICATE CONTENT?
    So you like cutting off your nose to spite your face then?
    I think you rate your influence on the internet as a whole, slightly too high :rolleyes:

SEbasic, Sep 28, 2005 IP
  2. webmistress

webmistress Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I have multiple streams of income (remember the content-rich sites i talked about? :rolleyes: ) and i will never do anything against the rules. I've stick with datafeeds because it was one of the very methods i've used to make money online. Datafeeds have helped me quit the most boring 9/6 job i once had so i will stick with it as long as it's profitable. btw, i still don't know what will happen when you will be banned by google adsense...what will you do? :confused: seriously...please tell me!

I'm absolutely not speaking of me when i made this statement. If you were in the ethical business promoting online shops you would have known that datafeeds are the #1 income generator of the "giants" and for you, the affiliate as well. There are dozens of thousands of people like me who use datafeeds...perhaps that's why amazon.com provide them to you and encourage you to use them on their affiliate board :rolleyes:

webmistress, Sep 28, 2005 IP
  3. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    What I will do or what one does when one is banned?

I have no reason to be banned.

SEbasic, Sep 28, 2005 IP
  4. webmistress

webmistress Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    This is perhaps the funniest statement i've ever read on DP sebasics.

5. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You clearly haven't been reading here long...

You also have no idea how I run, build or monetise my sites...

You don't answer questions either...
    So - Were you referring to me, or anyone generally?

As an FYI - I couldn't give a f**k about AS on spammy sites, because I don't run it - You think I'm that stupid or what?

SEbasic, Sep 28, 2005 IP
  6. dct

dct Finder of cool gadgets

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    This is starting to annoy me now, webmistress I agree with a lot of your points but please spell SEbasic as sebasic and not sebasics or are you just trying to wind him up.

dct, Sep 28, 2005 IP
    SEbasic likes this.
  7. lfoutld

lfoutld Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You two are getting ridiculous. That sounds like some my neighbor's kids fighting. "Neener neener" LOL

lfoutld, Sep 28, 2005 IP
  8. webmistress

webmistress Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I know dct, it's kinda annoying but i don't have anything better to do right now :p

9. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    webmistress, doesn't the fact that google de-indexes datafeeds show how they feel about them

why do you need an outside company to tell you what is wrong or right for your business

digital point is one of few places on the internet where you can discuss making money online, without people calling people spammers, or any of the white/black hat bullshit, that is so prevalent on every other discussion forum.

There has always been a big focus on what works , profit wise here, which to me is much more important.

ferret77, Sep 28, 2005 IP
  10. webmistress

webmistress Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I don't have a clue and don't wanna know either. I don't answer the questions because there is nothing to answer.

I'm just in this post because you advocate ill-practices that influences newbies on the wrong track.

you're also two-face i see. You've just said in a previous post that you don't have any issues making spammy pages and yet you say you don't monetize on them and don't have any reason to get banned? :confused: so why do you make those spammy pages then? :confused:

p.s. please don't just quote "specifics" in my posts that you think you have enough brawns to argue on. Quote the whole post please...and don't bring it on a personal level like "whether it's "I" or "people in general" thing. (obviously i was talking about you on the previous post though)

11. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    So you want me to quote your WHOLE post, yet you won't even spell my screen name right - Get real....
    I said I don't monetise with AdSense... You think I make the pages for a bit of a laugh or what?

SEbasic, Sep 28, 2005 IP
  12. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/ysearch/deletions/deletions-05.html

doesn't appear yahoo is cool with datafeeds

How many of those guidelines apply to your datafeeds
    ?

13. webmistress

webmistress Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Google doesn't de-index them because they are datafeed pages but because they are seen as duplicate content. The latest algo of google also gives less weight on the serps for datafeed pages, but like i said, if you can make them seem "unique" and stand out of the crowd, they will not be de-indexed.

LOL...probably because you depend on this company to make a living. I don't 'depend" on them btw, i just consider their opinion as valuable.

14. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Webnasty
    If I have a site that is located on MY machine, with MY content. I am free to do ANYTHING I want with it that isnt breaking the law. If a spider happens to come along STEAL my content to keep on ITS server then ranks me well. That is THEIR perogative. I will not make it any harder for them to do that as I will earn from it.

This is Google's logic too and Google's response about "spam" is often - We want our algos to catch them.

Here's an analogy for you.. If I went into your house and saw a gothic painting of jesus in a bar drunk and it offended me, you would say deal with it or get out..

You talk about your websites like little babies that you give birth to and grow and nuture. So what? Thats YOUR way. I do the same. I have the most unique, fresh and original content for my niche by a MILE. Yet Still I would NOT rank highly unless I DELIBERATELY manipulate the results.

Almost everything anyone does to rank a site is spam the way you look at it. Why have your sites in your sig ? That IS spam. What do you think your posters URL is ? That is spam too then. Why because you chose that name to help your rankings. This is why you have to reinforce it so many times across the site.

The words "poster and posters" occur 33 times just on your homepage. That is ALSO spam. If you were writing naturally then Im sure it would no occur that often. I do exactly the same things as these, as do most people that want to rank. These tactics are essential with 8 billion pages in their indexes already. But looked at from the perspective you choose it is ALL spam.

Dont take any of this to heart, I think ALL these things are normal.

Duplicate content? Products, news, reviews, google news, associated press, article databases. Dups.

None of any of that can really be called spam.

Other people like to build sites and let them die making money on the way. Just because you have an emotional attachment to your sites thats a different situation.

There are plenty of people that make 10 times what I do from their *spam* sites and lots of people ask me if I want to do it, especially as I own lots of old domains etc. I say no, because I just cant be bothered.

I will refer to you as "webnasty" the whole time you insult SEBasic's name. Not because you are insulting him, something I try and do regularly, but because you are using it as an implication on his SE skills. Which is nasty.

Dont take it personal :) I just have nothing better to do or something like that...
    Actually, I think you are alright, but I just wanna poke you for poking him perhaps :p

Design Agent, Sep 28, 2005 IP
    SEbasic likes this.
  15. webmistress

webmistress Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Now just watch sebasics start quoting on this post..or perhaps this is enough for him not to quote and me to stop :p

16. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    How about you respond to my comments.. He as an opinion on spam, you have an opinion on him. I have an opinion on everything :p

17. webmistress

webmistress Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I would love to, but i think this thread has turned into a whiners-corner and it's my last post in here. As for the keyword analysis you made, well, it's why we call it seo - search engine optimization. It's the way it is. Don't optimize and don't get ranks...those are languages i understand because it's how it is. You can't do anything about competition. You have to adapt and work for it. I started online at a time when a few changes in the meta description would give you good results on the serps. Things have definitely changed now. You've also said that there are plenty of people who make more than you. it's normal too. Everywhere there is some sort of "opportunity", regarless of ethics, there will be high-performers and low-performers. it's the way humans are. Some do it great while others do it in such a way that you simply cannot compete with all factors set equal at start.

18. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    here you go

any thoughts on this?

19. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Twas you that was doing the whining.. need a refresher?
    A million IBLs is optimization or spam to you?
    Or complain its unethical. My definition of unethical is way beyond putting black text on a black background. As I just discovered from an award winning photographer who could find no other way to help his serps. Is that unethical that 10 people a day see his site because he spends his time on the quality of his imagery?
    As was I. So ? There was more % spam then than now.

So? again irrelevant
    "Some do it great" so you get excited when you see "good seo" ? I dont.

The Alexa top 500 probably have very few "unethical" factors in their sites.
    You still cant compete. I cant compete with Google. All factors will NEVER be equal that is a pointless place to start any train of thought from.

So you are trying to say "its not fair that spammers can beat me." Those same people would beat you without the spam too. I have never seen a webmaster/mistress start on any kind of BH stuff. They almost always start with "good seo" and as they become skilled see the flaws and utilize them. Sounds Identical to a lawyer if you ask me ;)

20. dougadam

dougadam Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Your missing the whole point of the world wide web. It is to exchange quality content.

dougadam, Oct 1, 2005 IP