1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Super Bowl 2021 - GOAT vs. The Kid

Discussion in 'Sports' started by jrbiz, Feb 7, 2021.

So, any predictions for the epic match up of Tom Brady and the Buccaneers versus Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs? Buc's are 3-point underdogs, right now. Too close for me to call, btw, but I will be rooting for Tom and Gronk.

jrbiz, Feb 7, 2021 IP
  2. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    My crystal ball says that one of them will win UNLESS there is a tie.

mmerlinn, Feb 7, 2021 IP
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think that ties are allowed in the Super Bowl. :)

jrbiz, Feb 7, 2021 IP
  4. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Well of course not silly, how can you play football with a suit and tie on?....like duh!

Spoiltdiva, Feb 7, 2021 IP
    JoeSpirit, mmerlinn and jrbiz like this.
  5. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I thought some commercials were good, none of them were really funny. It's as if they all conspired to make them "inspirational" or downright weird rather than entertaining. I half-watched the half time with the sound off (had to answer a couple emails) and it was hilarious. Made me dizzy. Twitter was ablaze with people complaining about the HT.

Brady: "No one can take it away from us!" I thought it was cool when he said that. That sums it up. Some calls were questionable, but I believe the Chiefs would've lost the game anyway.

qwikad.com, Feb 8, 2021 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  6. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The commercials were generally lackluster. It was obvious that sponsors did not want to spend money or take chances with messaging. The halftime show was the worst I have ever seen (and that is saying a lot.) Sound did not help. And, the "hall of mirrors" piece was dizzying to a certain extent as you mentioned.

The Tampa Bay defense really shut down Mahomes, which was surprising and needs to be noted. They did not allow him the time to set up his typically exciting and effective offensive plays and it really showed. However, with a 7th ring and a 5th MVP, I think that Brady has silenced any critics that were left and is now the unquestioned GOAT in NFL history and perhaps in all U.S. sports history.

BTW, it was noted by many around here, that the first three touchdowns the Buc's made, were by former Patriots players (Brady to Gronk twice and once to Antonio Brown.)

jrbiz, Feb 8, 2021 IP
    JoeSpirit and qwikad.com like this.
  7. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    BTW, I forgot to comment on the most surreal part of the Super Bowl: the halftime dancers (looked like a hundred of them at one point) with their heads wrapped up in white bandages/cloth looking like they had just had brain surgery or something...

jrbiz, Feb 8, 2021 IP
  8. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    What about the national anthem rendition? Anything nice to say?

qwikad.com, Feb 8, 2021 IP
  9. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The two songs (national anthem and America the Beautiful) were both fine by me. Singers have put their personal style into songs since the beginning of time and, to me, it is not an insult to the song. I am sure that what we think of as the "traditional national anthem" is actually quite different from how it has been interpreted and performed over the centuries. In addition, the national anthem is one of the hardest songs that a singer may face. Very large range that many singers just can't do, so they have to adjust the actual melody a bit. I am just glad that it is still being sung before the cancel culture gets to it.

jrbiz, Feb 8, 2021 IP
    mmerlinn, JoeSpirit and qwikad.com like this.