1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Suing Google.

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by ForumKorner, Feb 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boxer126

boxer126 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why not "stick it to them" by using a different pay-per-click company and showing them the massive amounts of traffic that you could've sent to their advertisers, and when they re-instate your account you can tell them "I'm all set"? That's the route I would take. People think that Adsense is the only pay-per-click service out there. Why waste time and money suing over something so mundane? Prove you can make more money elsewhere. I used to do very well with Adbrite and especially Adengage (before they were bought out and closed down by technorati, but they are back. I haven't tried them since they came back). I *might* be able to see suing if you didn't have any other alternative, but WTF is the point?

boxer126, Feb 17, 2012 IP
  2. ForumKorner

ForumKorner Peon

Best Answers:
    You didn't quite understand what I was saying obviously, and I am not going to explain what I am doing in detail as that is just stupid on my part. However when its all said and done I however will in fact explain it all.

I will document, and publish it all. I will check out that thread as well after this massive reply.

I am being 100% serious whether you think I am or not is fully up to you. I appreciate the information, and I will use it.

I am probably going to take the risk. I am not the kind of person that falls threw on plans. I go threw with everything I say. There is only one way I will not follow threw with it, and that is if I either get reinstated into google adsense or magically come across another actually legit site that is even comparable to adsense as I have yet to find even one.

That is the problem there is no other sites even comparable to adsense. I have tried near every site I have came across, and all either supply malware, and make your site look like it contains malware, and pays low. I haven't found one that doesn't have malware on literally every ad. It is just pathetic.

ForumKorner, Feb 17, 2012 IP
  3. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    Fair enough - you've had some great advice from mj and dave and others, so if you have made your mind up to do it anyway, good luck with it. Please remember to let us know what happens - if you succeed, I'm sure there are a LOT of people who will want to talk to you!!!

contentboss, Feb 18, 2012 IP
  4. ForumKorner

ForumKorner Peon

Best Answers:
    I will make a whole thread in full detail on the outcome regardless of whether I win or lose.

ForumKorner, Feb 18, 2012 IP
  5. sumdor

sumdor Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm looking forward to this case. Will be interesting. How long can Google AdSense hide their business model...they will call it trade secrets just like Coca-Cola did. And the courts can't do much on that issue.

sumdor, Feb 18, 2012 IP
  6. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I was just pointing out the absurdity of saying you have an expert lawyer helping you and yet you need to ask for the agent's address.

I am curious though on what you are basing your legal complaint. Is there some term in the contract with them that you feel they breached?

browntwn, Feb 18, 2012 IP
  7. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This idea has so many holes that its makes the grand canyon look like a sidewalk crack. Where to begin...........I'm going to be blunt and honest.
    Problem. If you have to ask that then you have never been sued or sued before which is a problem. For starters, you are not the one who serves papers. The way is works is you have to claim a lawsuit to the court and provide an address in which to take to your lawyer(since its not small claims court) and your lawyer will send the document to a server who will serve. You need a lawyer: period.
    If you are asking an online forum about this then you have decided to not get a lawyer or seek advice and think you can sue anyone apart from the legal ways.
    the main google office is located at 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain view, CA 94043.
    Any lawyer who actually agrees to super-trooper against googles team of vultures will cost a minimum of $100,000 for the first 3 months and most likely they will pluck his eyes out before he gets a chance to say a word.
    That's the scary part of google adsense. In their policy they can freely disable your account at their discretion without reason. Its written in their policy to protect them from possible lawsuits such as you want to do. All they have to do it show that and the judge says. Guy..that's what you agreed to.
    This is a red flag for me. When you say this it sounds like you were not making much from adsense then WHAM!! all of a sudden they owe you $X,XXX. Google, myself, and others who've been around for 5yrs don't believe in get rich quick tricks that work. If you got a mass amount of traffic and received a mass amount of clicks then chances are there is sometime unethical that you have done or in the rare case someone did to your site. This line you said sounds REALLY bad on your part because you are acting like this was not just a random monthly paycheck that they cancelled you on. You are acting like you've never been paid and all of a sudden they owe you BIG.
    Your attorney should know that this is not a small claims court case if he's the best. Maybe he's just dragging you for the $453(or whatever) an hr service he provides.
    In order to scare google, you and your lawyer both know that the google must lose a couple million from this suit. In order to be granted a couple million you must have suffered an honest loss of a couple of million. Also if your lawyer has 60+ yrs as a lawyer that would make him minimum 85+yrs old if I'm not mistaken.

A last note to you from me:
    I know, I know. It hurts. It sucks, its pretty much the end of the point to all of the work you put in, but take the opportunity to a different approach on your websites. There is other ways to make money than 7cent click payments. Well.....I suppose this shouldn't help you much because I've been with adsense for 4yrs+ and if they banned me I can won't go as far as saying I would end my life, but I probably would end bothering to try with life after all of this time.

Let me tell you two quick stories: Once this person was in a an internet webmaster meeting. The meeting was to share ideas under the protection of us all being on contract that we cannot steal each others. It was great for people to interact with others with lots of ideas and get opinions. This one person was quiet at first but let loose after the 6th meeting. They shared an excellent never done before website. It was a blueprint of the whole site with how exactly it worked. Everyone loved the idea. One person stole it and twitter was born. Twitter made millions straight off of the start and the person to came up with it could do nothing because he/she was too young to be confident enough to do anything. That person was me and its pretty much common knowledge. couple of years ago press releases spread like wildfire through the internet about it. The truth is when it comes down to suing these big shots they basically will do what they can to exhaust your funding and fold. Its not about who's right or wrong unless you make it to the end. Before then, its who has the money to do it.
    Another last funny story: I did work for someone under contract for commission to the revenue increase of the site after my work. A simple profit share system, but the contract was not right. there was a problem, and I was quick to do it. After my work the following month the site made an increase from around $1,200/M to $36,000. I jumped for joy. I've finally hit the BIGTIME. It took me two years to earn that with adsense and now I just got it in 30days and I'm owed 5 more payments. WOO-HOO---uh---no.
    I was paid $550. End of it.

So move on. Do what you can with what you have. I know, its horrible. I feel for you!

Laceygirl, Feb 18, 2012 IP
  8. boxer126

boxer126 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is not true.

boxer126, Feb 18, 2012 IP
  9. TrinityZey

TrinityZey Active Member

Best Answers:
    Reminds me of that one time when I talked with my friends about an idea for a site where we could all share our pictures and info and stuff. Then this one guy called Zuckerberg something came around and totally stole my idea.

DAMN YOU, ZUCKERBERG!!

TrinityZey, Feb 18, 2012 IP
  10. Dave Zan

Dave Zan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    https://www.google.com/adsense/v3/localized-terms

Can you honestly compel anyone to do anything for you?

As mentioned earlier, I'd move on if I were you.

Dave Zan, Feb 18, 2012 IP
  11. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    This is a 20 year old who obviously has had no actual court experience. If he ever gets serious about filing suit, then he will quickly learn how fast he will burn through any funds he may have and get hands on experience about our legal system works. I took a quick look at one of his forum sites and saw a thread about starting an adsense click trading scheme between different websites. That alone is a red flag even if he wasn't participating in it.

mjewel, Feb 18, 2012 IP
  12. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Here's an alternate approach - get your lawyer to demand the full click history of your account as evidence in a suit against the person you believe (95% of the time) to have click bombed you. This way Google are only a witness to your suit and may even cooperate. When they fail to provide evidence then you have grounds (maybe) for wrongful termination.

But seriously, honey, your lawyer saw you coming and is planning his retirement around what you can afford.

sarahk, Feb 20, 2012 IP
  13. ForumKorner

ForumKorner Peon

Best Answers:
    I have decided not to go threw with this ,and I am just going to use other ways to monetize my websites. I also have appealed to get my account reactivated once again. we will see how that goes. As to everyone that posted I appreciate it. I read threw every post, and took everything into consideration.

ForumKorner, Feb 21, 2012 IP
  14. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It's a wise move because the lawyers and such they don't hesitate to get your money, even when you have very few chances of getting anything, because they are going to get something in any case!

I think you could use your free time to explore other opportunities of making money online, in a way you are lucky, because not being banned from adsense means lazyness gets the better of me and I'm not exploring other income sources, which I know are much better for earnings. But adsense is so easy once you got started, that if you are like me easily lazy, then I'm leaving money on the table from other income sources. Thanksfully I have already used other sources, so it's not like it's all new to me, but still I didn't give enough time to any of them to grow larger than adsense income despite some of them having big potential for earnings, way higher than adsense.. But it requires different strategies in content production, and so that's why nothing has been done yet :)

JamesColin, Feb 21, 2012 IP
  15. ForumKorner

ForumKorner Peon

Best Answers:

Very well said. I tend to get lazy sometimes however I know when I do, and than get back on top of things. I am currently using buysellads, and its working wonders, I just would like another programs to use at the same time as well.

ForumKorner, Feb 21, 2012 IP
  16. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Many cases are pursued where the lawyer is the only one putting his time and money. These are called contingency fee agreements. The lawyer will usually work for a percentage of the win if there is any, and eat the loss of his time and costs if there is none. Nearly every class action case is handled this way as are the majority of personal injury cases. Lawyers do not get paid no matter what, it is totally dependent on the fee agreement reached. In a case such as this one, where there is likely little or no monetary recovery, a lawyer would most likely only take the case on an hourly since there is no upside to any other fee agreement. I do not know a single lawyer that would take this type of case for any fee. Most lawyers do not just take losing cases to fleece prospective clients, they take cases to win and try to end up with satisfied clients and to get paid for their work like everyone else.

browntwn, Feb 21, 2012 IP
  17. olddocks

olddocks Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If thats your case, then post a thread in Google adsense forums, and may be if you are lucky, Adsense employee might look at your problem and reinstate it. You got to try and at present its the only simple solution.

Out of curiosity, why has google decided to freeze your account?

olddocks, Feb 21, 2012 IP
  18. GoogleSky

GoogleSky Peon

Best Answers:
    Good luck suing them, it will most likely end up back firing on yourself.

GoogleSky, Feb 21, 2012 IP
  19. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    He's already said he's not going to bother. GWTP, dude.

contentboss, Feb 21, 2012 IP
  20. soundguy

soundguy Active Member

Best Answers:
    sue them also for me :D
    they have cancelled my adsense account earlier, but i have opened a new adsense accounts (duplicate), without any problems.

soundguy, Feb 21, 2012 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.