1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Suggestions

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by kill71987, Nov 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Bump Thread option, i know there is an option where the thread starter can click on a button saying bump and the thread will go to the top of the forum, time limits can be set for everytime this can be done.
    I think a suitable time would be 24 hours.

This would reduce pointless posts and duplicates, as we all know, especially in buy, sell & trade, that when you pass the second page it is highly unlikely your thread will get posted on.

Infractions:

I notice im getting alot of infractions left, right and centre but i'm not sure why, how can i justify what i did wrong if i don't know what i did? maybe some sort of report should be done e.g. just a simple quotation of the thread title and the post which gave you the infraction.

There two suggestions will help reduce infractions and overall reduce mods time spent handing out infractions etc...

kill71987, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  2. Electric-Shadow

Electric-Shadow Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Bump thread option?

sorry but on a forum like this that would be utterly pointless and stupid, think about it everyone would be using it and all the new threads wouldnt stand a chance in hell of being noticed. I think i can safely assure you that ones not gunna happen.

When you get an infraction you should get an email explaining it, and unless the threads are deleted there are links to the thread or post you got the infraction for and it does quote the thread title. So I dont see the point in the suggestion tbh

Electric-Shadow, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  3. kill71987

kill71987 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you mis-interpretated the ideas, sorry.
    The bump option reduces bump posts and duplicate posts and can only be used once every 24 hours.
    Infraction - 4/5 I have are as 'Private' and no link

kill71987, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  4. peter_anderson

peter_anderson Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Private infractions are deleted posts/threads.

The email will ALWAYS quote the content of the post.

Bump option is a bad idea for a forum this size.

peter_anderson, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  5. Electric-Shadow

Electric-Shadow Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Nope I didnt, i understood perfectly, people would still be bumping all their threads like hell every 24 hours, wouldnt you? it wouldnt be fair imo, dont mean to sound rude or nowt.

The private infractions are for deleted posts, i think its just something youll have to put up with im afraid. Take a look at the rule stickies again and see if theres anything you can think of that you've posted recently which could warrant an infraction. Also it's a good idea not to make a post asking about it either ;)

Electric-Shadow, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  6. HolyRoller

HolyRoller Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its a free forum, you are getting to advertise your domains/sites/services/etc.. for free at no cost. Using a bump option would be a joke, I don't think there needs to be any changes in this respect and the mods need to keep doing their job to monitor and maintain pointless posts, sales trashing and bumping threads to many times..

Its worth bearing in mind that there will probably be a higher amount of sellers than buyers, but serious buyers will be prepared to check through many pages to find the site they are looking for. If you want a high price for a site, it can take months for the right buyer to come along.

HolyRoller, Nov 17, 2008 IP
    Smyrl and Electric-Shadow like this.
  7. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    A bump option would be a nightmare. Everyone would bump their threads every chance they got so basically, it would be the same or worse than it is now, even if it was once every 24 hours.

mcfox, Nov 17, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.