1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Suggestions to improve search placement

Discussion in 'Websites' started by schlottke, Mar 25, 2004.

could you tell me what I should change at www.jrwrestling.com and www.jrwrestling.com/catalog/index.php ??

I use try to use both equally, should i focus on one specifically? Is it worth it to have the main domain bringing in around 100 hits from search engines on its own instead of focusing directly on the catalog?

Anything would be helpful, tear it apart.

schlottke, Mar 25, 2004 IP
  2. seafoam

seafoam Peon

Best Answers:
    Every page should have a specific focus, and from what I have seen, that is not being done very effectively. I think you would improve both your search rankings and customer usability if you improved your page titles and headings.

From what I can see, the page title, heading, meta description and meta keywords are just about the same on every page. When I (or a search engine) look at the 'headgear' page, all I should find in those areas is text about wrestling headgear; nothing about singlets or shoes. Just wrestling headgear. A page heading that is more specific than 'wrestling gear' - that may suit the home page or your catalog page, but is not much use on a page about headgear.

seafoam, Mar 26, 2004 IP
  3. hans

hans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    if you still need more suggestions

think about your anchor texts ..
    Welcome to HustlerPanties.com! Click HERE to go directly to our products

the "click HERE" - thats something Google and Yahoo can afford - no no mortal being with a normal website ..

INSIDE the anchor belongs a keyword or key sentence !

also

the other links far right upper section
    home
    search
    products
    contact

these can all be replaced to emphasize on yurb key products

i have no idea what exactly you have and i have a 28kB modem line and less than half free to surf pics-rich-sites

but include such keywords like

Hustler
    Lingerie
    Clothing.
    Sexy stockings,
    satin corsets,

into your links

Search Hustler Lingerie
    Search Sexy stockings
    Search satin corsets

go to my sexy lingerie, corsets and stockings products ...

have some of these key products mentioned in H1 and H1 and anchor text in our homepage already

and

please whats that
    legave.png
    or
    H2005.jpg

how about RENAMING your pics with WHAT they are or show ! full ciorrect spelling ..
    like sexy_stockings.jpg or so !! and

you talk about all that
    "Please click on a category to view sub categories."
    "The following discounts apply in all these categories."

like all is death matter - its about humans getting dressed - about girls getting what they need to feel well andto feel sexy and female ...
    so why categories and such words .. use keywords to be precise - specially when you have a catalog like page with little text then you need to select carefully and AVOID neutral technical or commercial terms. use product SPECIFIC words as used by potential customers. descriptive terms when and where-ever possible.

hans, Apr 2, 2004 IP
  4. relaxzoolander

relaxzoolander Peon

Best Answers:
    i blinked....and i was transported to a different thread or something. :confused:
    doh!
    i need some sleep.

relaxzoolander, Apr 2, 2004 IP
  5. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    I think if I put hustler panties on our company site, they'd think i was a bit odd.. lol. I did incorperate some changes with ancor texts though. Thanks for the posts :)

schlottke, Apr 3, 2004 IP
  6. hans

hans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Shawn

this my above post should have gone to ViciousSummer quest for suggestions.

i had several forum windows open - edit offline in editor ( for spellcheck and link check ) and copy and paste - and obviously have pasted into wrong thread !

may be shawn can MOVE the post to the correct thread ( or may be there is a tool i did NOT yet find ? )
    tks for any help in that matter

but most of such answers as given to summer are valid for all sites requesting feedback for site review

hans, Apr 3, 2004 IP
  7. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    Hans, I agree. What I have also found to work is I have been adding 3-5 content pages each day has been bringing up keywords left and right. Remember to link directly to these pages from the main page, and then also to the archive they are in (makes it easy for google to find them, and also increases these pages PR.)

schlottke, Apr 4, 2004 IP
  8. hans

hans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes i agree fully

i guess we appear to have similar structure and working principle

besides the domain index.html that links into most pages directly
    at elast it links into sub-portal pages
    and i also have one full site map created by webcheck that really links into every page
    and in addition a cross reference between pages with related texts / topics for surfer to directly find related texts without having to search
    also i create right now these past days / weeks and coming months
    themes pages that have a themes title - some additional text and then link into that theme
    just as another keyword carrier with relevant keywords to make life and work for search engines
    easier and more accurate for surfers to find all relevant texts within their vurrent query.
    me too i write 1 or several new pages each day - and improve older pages whenever needed and possible.
    that assures daily intense re-visits by google and many other bots and a steady UP in visitors :)
    offering content of real and actual interest by people always assures visitors to come and revisit again and again - steadily increasing direct requests from bookmarks or newsletters show that and increase the independency from search engines as well.

the additional free LoveCards ( ecards ) with direct links into many interesting pages ( Lovecards = Love topics :) bring additional traffic.

i do ALL pages individually by HAND ! i used many other tools and forums incluyding FAQ forum software and have gone back to quality hand made pages - the UP in all numbers since beginning proofs it to be right !

the access.p tool i use helped and still helps me a lot to have a full overwie of each full visit form first to last page visited by each ( whenever i check and i do MANY times daily whenever possible.
    it shows whether each individual surfer FOUND actually ALL relevant pages or where I missed to cross reference to related pages. here again i see more visitors following more links and hence getting more precise or fuller answers to their query or full solution to their problem as i can follow their path of up to more than an hours visit at once and see all what they have read OR missed to make adjustments.

also

since i installed the onsite REAL text search engine i see that thsoe not finding the right pages at the beginning are searching and mostly finding what they want.
    the indexed version of that search engine failed to produce FULL results of all terms after a single text - i decided to make each search a full text real time search of all pages - while it takes seveal seconds longer on the fast server - it garantees that IF i have it they find it. else - at the bottom of result page from the onsite search engine they then get a google web search from offered AFTER having finished to search my site.

hans, Apr 4, 2004 IP
  9. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    That reminds me of a post... The Importance of Fresh Content :D

GuyFromChicago, Apr 4, 2004 IP
  10. everybody_chill

everybody_chill Banned

Best Answers:
    Great site. I'm McLovin it.

everybody_chill, Apr 13, 2009 IP