1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Suggestions/Resources for Mobile App Marketing?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by theyuw, Jan 8, 2015.

Hi all,

I am looking to get into some mobile app and mobile game development. While I have a good hold on the pre-development and programming aspects, the effective sale and marketing of apps has always been something that is unclear to me. I was curious if anyone knew of any great (free or paid) resources, books, websites, forums, etc where I might be able to learn how to effectively market mobile applications?

Any insight or help here would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

theyuw, Jan 8, 2015 IP
  2. AffordableWebsiteContent

AffordableWebsiteContent Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been using Fiverr for my marketing and advertising needs for a while, good results and very, very affordable.

3. theyuw

theyuw Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    cool, thanks for the advice. I use them on a regular basis but for some reason never thought to use for app promotion. Appreciate the help!

theyuw, Jan 18, 2015 IP
  4. hunterhancock

hunterhancock Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I know this isn't free but using Youtube and famous Youtubers is a great way to market yourself. You can contact them in so many ways and then work a contract out with them. This may be the next step but it can really market your app to a very large audience, allowing it to be shared and purchased largely.

hunterhancock, Jan 19, 2015 IP
  5. George Peirson

George Peirson Active Member

Best Answers:
    Don't forget to do some demonstration videos and put those on YouTube as well. Then use YouTube Annotations to insert links back to your web site from your videos.

George Peirson, Jan 29, 2015 IP
  6. theyuw

theyuw Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Great, good point. Youtube would be a very helpful resource. Thanks!

theyuw, Jan 29, 2015 IP
  7. Baker Jaz

Baker Jaz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would say do some research on the market and niche of your app if it is a viable niche people are looking for and popular. Gaming apps are always a good niche to get into. My suggestion would be to find niches you can build apps around that are popular.

Baker Jaz, Feb 3, 2015 IP