1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Suggestions on building an AI?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by YTAIGamer, Oct 3, 2022.

I'm an experienced programmer, but new to AI. I'm trying to learn ML techniques by building a bot to play a video game. I'm documenting my process as I go.

The game I'm focusing on 1st is TFT (TeamFightTactics) which is in the AutoBattler genre - Essentially, you try to build the strongest army, but there are millions of choices & pros/cons to each.
    My current plan is to use a NeuralNetwork (TensorFlow) to learn the complexities of which armies are strong/weak against each other. I'm planning to hard-code the obvious rules/strategies to the game to make it easier on the NN.
    One of my big fears is the difficulty in gathering a large dataset of training data, so any advice on workarounds for that would be great. I'm thinking maybe split the game up into different types of decisions & use a different ML technique specifically targeted for each one. Hopefully that creates smaller NNs that can learn patterns easier with less data.

Any advice on topics I should research?

Thanks!

YTAIGamer, Oct 3, 2022 IP
  2. Artisan

Artisan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Make two bots (with the initial random actions) to play
    one against the other, and to learn during the play.

Artisan, Oct 4, 2022 IP
  3. YTAIGamer

YTAIGamer Peon

Best Answers:
    That's a good suggestion. Thanks!

YTAIGamer, Oct 4, 2022 IP