1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Suggestions for hosting needs

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by dshah, Sep 23, 2005.

Any suggestions for cheaper hosting accounts? I currently have godaddy's economy plan which costs ~4$ a month. But it allows only one website per account (i.e. allows only one domain to be mapped on to hosting account)

So to host 5 sites, the monthly cost runs at ~20$/mo which is on higher end for me.

Is there any offering which can let me host multiple websites on one account and overall price is really low (say around 5-10$/mo)

tia

dshah, Sep 23, 2005 IP
    Crazy_Rob likes this.
  2. webmistress

webmistress Guest

Best Answers:
    If you want cheap the http://www.3ix.org charges only $1/month. No multiple accounts but it's still the cheapest and amazingly reliable for such a price i know. Customer support works only 4/7 though so better not complain too much why it's so cheap, d'uh!

webmistress, Sep 23, 2005 IP
    dshah likes this.
  3. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    A Small Orange Hosting offers hosting for as little as $30 a year for its tiny plan.

We also have a list of hosts and reviews on vBulletin Webmaster at: WEB HOSTING

-

joeychgo, Sep 23, 2005 IP
  4. dshah

dshah Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, this sounds better and they have all I need (mysql, php, apache :) ). Just signed up for trial, lets see how it works:)

dshah, Sep 23, 2005 IP
  5. dshah

dshah Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just to let you know, I got my trial started and everything is just cool. I liked the response time their support and features provided in hosting package.

However, they doesn't seem to allow .htaccess override. I use mambo and it needs this to be enabled to have search engine friendly URLs. I have written to their customer support, letse see if they can enable it for me. If they do, then I will move my all sites to them :D

dshah, Sep 25, 2005 IP