1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Suggestion of a good free web video player?

Discussion in 'Graphics & Multimedia' started by ncc1966, Jul 13, 2017.

Friends,

In our website we have a video player that pulls mp4 videos from our server. The video player is Projekktor (a free solution) that we are using since two years ago.

Along this time it has worked so-so but now we are experiencing severe problems. In some computers it refuses to pull the videos and says that the video server is not responding. At first I imagined that it could be a cross-domain issue but it works in some computers and not in others (even in our intranet, same network, same browser version, etc). It will work (or not) in different browsers and versions. Very unstable.

I tried to update the player but figured out that Projekktor website is offline, so probably they are off of the business.

I would like to know what video players are you using successfully. Any suggestions of reliable web video players (preferably free) will be welcome.

We run Windows servers.

Thanks!

ncc1966, Jul 13, 2017 IP
  2. Blank ™

Blank ™ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Blank ™, Jul 13, 2017 IP
  3. DanielBlue

DanielBlue Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    What works good and fast for me is jwplayer (self-hosted) combined with Amazon S3 as CDN.

DanielBlue, Jul 28, 2017 IP
  4. ctrlswitches

ctrlswitches Peon

Best Answers:
    MC Media Player is good web video player.

ctrlswitches, Sep 28, 2017 IP