1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Suggestion for best wordpress host

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by expertlogic, Dec 23, 2013.

Friends,

I am little or all confused about selecting the best hosting provider for wordpress. I have to set up a website which will have less visitors initially and manly video courses will be hosted on it. I have selected the theme and now working on selecting the best hosting provider.

Please suggest me the best hosting provider for wordpress. (paid reviews on internet makes it so confusing that no one can take decision based on that.

Help is appreciated.

expertlogic, Dec 23, 2013 IP
  2. competent123

competent123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    surprising enough, its you who makes your wordpress fast or slow not as much as your hosting

to make it faster - choose a fast theme, lower the number of database queries you have to run to display content

use cloudflare cdn ( its there for a reason)

optimize wordpress a LOT

for ex, i get about less than 0.03 second display time on wordpress on my site.

try to choose a hosting with nginx hosting, if you can find one, or get a custom solution

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
    competent123, Dec 23, 2013 IP
  3. expertlogic

expertlogic Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the suggestion. I am considering bluehost, hostgator and inMotionhosting ... Pls suggest if you have any specific comment or word of caution. Thanks

expertlogic, Dec 23, 2013 IP
  4. competent123

competent123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    1- how much do you want to spend on a monthly basis?

if you can afford 5$ a month ,then a super speed optimized vps would be ideal for you

otherwise ,if you want to try for a shared hosting ( for cheap) then try any shared hosting, as almost all the main hosting companies are owned by the same individual now ( hostgator/inmotion/justhost/fatcow etc etc etc)

let me know if you need help to " optimize " wordpress, as i can optimize wordpress REALLY FAST!

competent123, Dec 23, 2013 IP
  5. idea13

idea13 Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I would suggest hyperkreativ dot ch, it's a Switzerland company they got powerful optimized hosting for wordpress + autoscript installer, I'm hosted there since last year and no problems until now, their website is in German lang but they provide English lang support, try them!

idea13, Dec 25, 2013 IP
  6. Sugavanas

Sugavanas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    IPage.com

Sugavanas, Dec 25, 2013 IP
  7. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    One important question tho - as you mentioned you will have video courses - do you plan to host the videos on the server of the hosting provider or you will link it from an external source, like YouTube. Because the space required would be quite different and that would be crucial for the package that you choose. Keep in mind that most hosts cannot be used for storing a large amount of video files, so the second approach would probably be better for starters, and that way you can safely start on a Shared Hosting Plan.

Rado_ch, Dec 26, 2013 IP
  8. Sugavanas

Sugavanas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    And as well as none of shared hosting sites would allow you to stream videos if i am sure. Better try to get your own vps and do the steaming or use youtube private video and add the code to your site.

Sugavanas, Dec 26, 2013 IP
  9. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Indeed - also true, when it comes to Live Streaming. Even when you manage to find such a host (because I'm sure there are plenty who are offering the skies and stars) the performance of your website will be lagging, to the point of non-functional.

Now, if you buffer the content from an external source, you are not loading you host's servers and it is completely different deal ;)

Rado_ch, Dec 26, 2013 IP
  10. Winagain

Winagain Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've used bluehost with good results.

Winagain, Dec 26, 2013 IP
  11. swhp

swhp Member

Best Answers:
    I aggre with this statement, and just want to tell that use VPS is also best choice than hosting :D

swhp, Jan 3, 2014 IP
  12. Mrob09

Mrob09 Member

Best Answers:
    Very often, when people ask me about web hosting, they want to know if I know any cheap but good web host. This particularly applies to those who are just starting their web site and are not willing to sink a lot of money into it.

Mrob09, Jan 13, 2014 IP
  13. Afsary Junaid

Afsary Junaid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Check Gogetspace.com

Afsary Junaid, Jan 15, 2014 IP
  14. Andy01

Andy01 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    WebhostUK LTD have launched separate Hosting plan for WordPress hosting and the plan seems to best on to begin with. You can check the details below: http://www.webhost.uk.net/blog_hosting.html

Andy01, Jan 23, 2014 IP
  15. Teodor

Teodor Banned

Best Answers:
    I think you will make the right decision to choose Demontech.net for wordpress hosting services.
    I love the speed of the site, the uptime, and the features.
    Everything works fine with them - recommended.

Teodor, Jan 24, 2014 IP