1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Suggestion and Tips for DMOZ

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by B2BLocal.net, Nov 5, 2009.

Hi

Please make suggestion how to get approved in DMOZ for http://www.b2blocal.net

1) Is there any editor or who's site has been approve please let us know best category in DMOZ?

2) Any SEO related issue in b2blocal.net

3) anything suggestion would be welcome but i would like to get approved.

Thanks

B2BLocal.net, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  2. jimnoble

jimnoble Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It would go in some high level Topical category, but it doesn't have enough content yet to justify a listing.

2 job posts aren't enough. Thousands would be better (and I don't mean a feed from somewhere else)

94 forum posts aren't enough. We'd expect to see thousands.

The blog has a really scattered subject range and little if any focus - not a useful resource.

Disappointing/harsh advice? Probably, but better to know now rather than wonder.

jimnoble, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  3. B2BLocal.net

B2BLocal.net Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Jim

No, i am Disappointed from your advice, but i am happy that you advice me. i will get more traffic and content.

Thanks again.

B2BLocal.net, Nov 5, 2009 IP
  4. chirag88

chirag88 Member

Best Answers:
    Dear friends, just put more quality content to your site ,thats it.

chirag88, Nov 6, 2009 IP
  5. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:

Would you say ESTABLISHED? I tried that once and was told by editors that I was wrong... http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=585717&highlight=dmoz+established&page=2

Qryztufre, Nov 7, 2009 IP
  6. jimnoble

Best Answers:
    No, because it's yet another word that means different things to different people.

jimnoble, Nov 7, 2009 IP
  7. B2BLocal.net

B2BLocal.net Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Friends

Thanks, but can you tell me more clear. I did not get your meaning by that DMOZ search link. I wold thank your very much for your help.

I have good traffic and many people sign up everyday, post blog, submit links too.

Thanks and waiting for your reply.

B2BLocal.net, Nov 9, 2009 IP
  8. Anonymously

Anonymously Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Note the other comment Jim makes in the post I have quoted from, but this would seem to me to be the one that would need very serious attention.

I looked at the site and decided that, IMO, basically it existed to advertise not inform.

Anonymously, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  9. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Can you take a glance at mine then is let me know if it is informative ? :)

popotalk, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  10. trustnobodynever

trustnobodynever Peon

Best Answers:

Since then content have something to do with listings on the directory ? There was listed parked domains , pages from geocities with only ads from amazon affiliate network ( I`ve said about this months ago ) ... and loads of other '' questionable '' listings , when you guys stop to promote this false rumors about the guidelines when they aren't follow never ?

like other hundreds of links from the directory so where's the problem then ? go and check other thread from this forum I just reply here , this guy crying about hes site got delisted ( so was listed ...) ... and same advertising site was ... how's about what I`ve said on other post a shalshdot.org story submited on dmoz about an not existent site ... ? and examples can be hundreds if need . Again one more WHEN this deceptive advertising will stop , when you guys will stop to promote this guidelines witch aren't followed ?

trustnobodynever, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  11. B2BLocal.net

B2BLocal.net Peon

Best Answers:
    B2BLocal.net, Nov 30, 2009 IP
  12. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    peersonly.com/home.php has been removed a while back (and it's main index now gets forwarded to an empty forum), as it's not showing up as listed on my toolbars, but is showing up in Google... then again, maybe alexa updated today *shrug* Either way, yeah that is just the nature of the beast. It was likely listable when it was added...

As for your site, you need more posts, or at least more threads. You still have boards that are empty, and there is a gooood chance that any editor just skimming your site will call that "not good enough yet" and not even bother looking at any additional content.

Keep promoting your site, as it does look good, eventually you'll find you can just forget about your submission.... no, wait, you can forget about it now ;) Just keep on working on your site

Qryztufre, Dec 1, 2009 IP
  13. evapeng

evapeng Peon

Best Answers:
    it will take some days to review your applications(or website) by the editor. if your website is not aproved, the most common reasons will be:

* Incomplete application. Insufficient information has been provided in some fields including reason, affiliation and/or Sample URLs.
    * Improper spelling and grammar.
    * Sample URLs are inappropriate for the category which one has applied to edit. They may be too broad, too narrow, completely out of scope, poor quality, or in a language inappropriate for the category. All non-English
    sites are listed in the World category. Applications for World categories that include sites only in English will be denied. Likewise, applications for World categories that include sample URLs in languages other than the one
    appropriate for the applied category will be denied.
    * Not properly disclosing affiliations with websites that are, or have the potential of being, listed in the category.
    * Titles and descriptions of sample URLs (and other information provided) were subjective and promotional rather than unbiased and objective. ODP editors do not rank or write website reviews. ODP editors provide objective and unbiased descriptions of websites and their content.
    * Self-Promotion. Application which leads us to believe that the candidate is interested primarily in promoting his/her own sites or those with which the applicant is affiliated. The ODP is not a marketing tool, and should not be used to circumvent the site submission process. If this is an applicant's motivation for joining, then we ask him/her not to apply. Editors found to be inappropriately promoting their own site will be promptly removed.

evapeng, Jan 5, 2010 IP
  14. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You have no idea what you are talking about do you? None of that applies to getting a website listed in DMOZ! You have just cut n pasted the above information as it relates to editor applications! - that is NOT what this thread is about. Why would you do that?

Agent000, Jan 5, 2010 IP
  15. hem1234

hem1234 Peon

Best Answers:
    Mr. jimnoble has already adviced you. I am 100% agree with him. One more thing is important - its the physical address or your contact phone number. Privacy policy and about us are the useful pages should be included.

hem1234, Jan 20, 2010 IP
  16. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    The first things that would stop me listing your site in any quality directory is that every single post made in the latest forum post list is by the same user. This doesn't make me want to go any further as it gives the site a 'dead' look.
    Not only is the grammar in this statement appalling but it's so broad that I don't get any idea of a niche - if I listed my site it'll just get lost. Your site is trying to be just like DMOZ and all other arguments aside - thats quite a task.

So you have a site that is trying to be a social network with a general directory and a forum. Before any editor will list you I would expect the editor to look for evidence of traffic going through your site. http://www.b2blocal.net/businesses.php shows you are lucky to have 4 things happening on any given day. You have a long way to go before your site has credibility.

sarahk, Jan 22, 2010 IP
  17. B2BLocal.net

B2BLocal.net Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi jimnoble,

Can you reply and let us know what is missing in b2blocal.net ? so we can fix it.

B2BLocal.net, Aug 18, 2010 IP
  18. jimnoble

Best Answers:
    I avoid making website specific comments (and I also don't accept non-editors as buddies). What I said in post#2 is a lot more than usual and should have given you some clue. It was primarily intended to educate others.

jimnoble, Aug 18, 2010 IP
  19. wilburncarver347

wilburncarver347 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    add more professional pages suge s contact an privacy policy

wilburncarver347, Aug 19, 2010 IP
  20. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Care to explain how a contacts page and a privacy polcy actually help a site get listed in DMOZ?

Agent000, Aug 19, 2010 IP