1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Feedback Suggestion and Feedback on Infractions

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Beim, Jan 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Now, I know you do not want new threads about complaining about infractions, this is so much not a complaint but a suggestion.

After running the largest Team Speak server in the world for 2 years, I personally dont think its necessary to infract someone for letting the thread maker know they will submit a site.

You may consider it a bad thing, however, it seems like your just being a bit infraction happy.

Now, thats just my opinion on this.

I am not complaining that I got a infraction, just think there is better ways to solve issues without infracting.

You can also try, sending a warning to the user tellling them that its not allowed.

Or

Just delete the post and send a warning not a infraction.

There is tons of ways to go about this. I think if you follow the above 2 suggestions, your community would be overall happier with there Digital Point Experience.

Kind Regards,
    Beim

Beim, Jan 23, 2010 IP
  2. sawz

sawz Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    you and 1 other person dragged up a 3 year old thread and you posted:

allow me to be blunt, no one cares if your gonna do it, just do it.

thanks for your suggestions, its been suggested many times in the past.
    welcome to DP, do enjoy your stay. i think you'll find the FAQ/Rules rather good reading.

sawz, Jan 23, 2010 IP
  3. Beim

Beim Peon

Best Answers:
    Please read my whole thread.

I was under the influence that the thread was recent.

Like I said before, a simple warning is very effective.

Beim, Jan 23, 2010 IP
  4. robyries

robyries Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    mod can handle all this crap,... all poen who has been hare,.. always get the same question,... stick to the rule then...

enjoy

robyries, Jan 23, 2010 IP
  5. TikTok

TikTok Peon

Best Answers:
    Infractions ARE warnings...they're reminders to members when they don't follow the rules.

TikTok, Jan 23, 2010 IP
  6. Beim

Beim Peon

Best Answers:
    Infractions arnt warnings.

There is a separate system made into VBulletin, ya know, the software this forum is ran off of. Warnings dont counts towards bans.

I understand infracting after a repetitive offense, but once, thats a little harsh.

Beim, Jan 23, 2010 IP
  7. Pros

Pros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You just gave me a great idea for a farce eBook.

The OP seems to be arguing semantics here. The concept of "warning" depends on the context it is used in.

If you are pulled over, a punishment is getting a ticket/going to jail. A warning will tell you not to.

In DP, infractions only serve a relative purpose. The only real punishment is being banned. Thus they are warnings for you to shape up.

You see how it depends on the context?

sawz is right, it is irrelevant if you "plan" to do something, at least in the public forum of one's thread. If there is a time limit or something, perhaps consider PMing the OP and telling them to wait for you - but even then that is time that could be spent making your entry within the time limit - of course that isn't always possible, and that's why I mentioned the former.

I can safely say no one reading the post besides the OP cares if you say you will do something - because who knows if you are telling the truth, and what business is it of anyone else's besides the OP? Since it is between you and 1 other member, and serves no public purpose, it belongs in PM.

Pros, Jan 23, 2010 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.