1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Suggest logo concept for my new site

Discussion in 'Graphics & Multimedia' started by jr777, Oct 31, 2017.

I'm going to start a design contest for my site's new logo, but I don't have any direction in mind, and I don't think it would be fair to everyone to have a contest without any idea of what I'm looking for.

The site is germanglish.org, and it's a forum/message board whose purpose is to provide a platform for German and English speakers to help each other with their language skills. It's for language students, people who need a second language for work, people who just want to pick up a few phrases for their holiday abroad, etc.

It's also for any German or English speaking person who either wants to learn German or English as a second language, so this includes people from Germany, Austria, Switzerland, America, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the UK, etc.

So I want the logo to say that the site is about German and English language, but not about any particular nationalities.

jr777, Oct 31, 2017 IP
  2. David Morrison

David Morrison Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Maybe use half an English flag and half a German flag.

David Morrison, Nov 4, 2017 IP
  3. hostechsupport

hostechsupport Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can create your logo using a Designed Book image which defines both the languages German & English in it.

hostechsupport, Nov 5, 2017 IP
  4. firas_abb

firas_abb Peon

Best Answers:
    because there are two g's in the name ( germanglish ) you can make the logo as two of them, one is looking to the left and the other looking to the right and you should put a flag somewhere on each of them. also, you can draw them as two people looking to each other, one of them is german and the other is english.

firas_abb, Nov 12, 2017 IP
  5. kellyrose

kellyrose Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good explanation about your logo design requirement. I would suggest you to hire a local graphic designer whom you can sit with and ask more iterations rather than online contest.

kellyrose, Dec 3, 2017 IP
  6. bestwriter

bestwriter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    A german and english man shaking hand with the globe or earth in between.

bestwriter, Dec 12, 2017 IP
  7. yarodya

yarodya Member

Best Answers:
    What are you thinking about developing your current logo in a way like
    upload_2017-12-15_12-23-2.png

yarodya, Dec 14, 2017 IP