1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

suggesstion for making a forum?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Monis, Mar 25, 2009.

I would like to start a forum. Right now i am working on guide lines of forum. I want following best suggestions by all of you.

• What are the responsibilities of Moderator?
    • of course the benefits in forum?
    • How can I make a forum success?

Thanks and waiting your suggestions :)

Monis, Mar 25, 2009 IP
  2. Philopoemen

Philopoemen Peon

Best Answers:
    Forums are pretty tough to promote. Get into it only if you found a really good niche and there is not much competition.

Philopoemen, Mar 26, 2009 IP
  3. D-X69

D-X69 Member

Best Answers:
    Well, forums is really really hard to promote, and it basically needs plentiful of efforts put into it, unless your really interested in it, then make it, otherwise if your whole point is to want to promote your site and make it famous, well i'd suggest blogging.

And it depends on what kind of forums are you talking about, regarding what?

Moderators, all they need to do is stop spams, well, as for a start, you don't want people spamming their links on your site or spamming nonsense stuffs, they'd need to move some threads to appropriate section if people post at the wrong section.

Don't make a forum with so many sections, it'd be confusing for people.

To encourage viewers to post, well you can actually make users viewable on certain good sections if they have this fixed number of post counts, there's many ways, just that u need a lot of people that can support you from the start..

D-X69, Mar 26, 2009 IP
  4. kutekutta

kutekutta Peon

Best Answers:
    Anything can be possible so forum management does not a big deal but you need to give your full effort and time. The forum popularity is based on the niche only so do research on find the best niche.

In forum the main thing is drive the more traffic and increase the users so you need to give something to users like plenty of contents, Back links and Signature freedom.

if you done this all automatically your forum will get success.

kutekutta, Mar 26, 2009 IP
  5. Monis

Monis Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks to all really I got some new techniques. I will start a forum soon and let you all know.

Monis, Mar 26, 2009 IP
  6. riversair

riversair Peon

Best Answers:
    use good open source

riversair, Mar 26, 2009 IP
  7. ploked

ploked Peon

Best Answers:
    ultimately, you will need to offer your visitors something they can't find at other forums in your niche in order to separate your site. of course there are other factors, such as ease of use, design, activity, etc that will also come into play.

ploked, Mar 27, 2009 IP
  8. dairyman

dairyman Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Many forums die very quick due to lack of support and traffic. You should provide a sound platform for others to enroll and share their experience. It should have good contents and experienced people to solve the problems of newbies. How effectively you market your new forum is the important point to ponder.

dairyman, Mar 27, 2009 IP