1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Successful people & Drop outs

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by clinton, Jun 13, 2008.

1. digitalduke

digitalduke Notable Member

Best Answers:
    how come Bryan Adams nominated for Oscar???

digitalduke, Jun 13, 2008 IP
  2. demosfen

demosfen Peon

Best Answers:
    College is good for enriching the education industry and dumbing down the population. I can't believe some things that people who have been institutionalized believe

demosfen, Jun 13, 2008 IP
  3. gnk_corp

gnk_corp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Ok, for one thing, you don't know me at all. So don't judge me by one single sentence, it's quite ignorant I shall say. I'm simply saying investing is a gamble and nothing more. I'm not afraid of taking risks and nor do I play it on the safe side. Hell, I enjoy living on the wild side. Not trying to brag, but I recently invested $10k of my student loans into a chiropractic clinic that's supposed to open up sometime this August. That amount might seem little to you, but being a full-time college student with no job, I'd say that's a good chunk of change out of my wallet. So don't tell I'm the one avoiding risks here.

ALSO, I admire your spirit. But I too, have my own endeavours that I want to accomplish one day. Since health and fitness is my field of expertise, I want to be the successor of Gold's gym and open up my own line of gyms nationwide and perhaps even worldwide. So don't tell me I don't have my own set of dreams too, because I do. And if you continue to downplay my character, of whom you know nothing about, kudos to you. And yes, that was sarcasm. ;)

The main argument here is that a diploma or college degree will ALWAYS, ALWAYS guarantee you to fall back on something.

gnk_corp, Jun 13, 2008 IP
  4. 8everything

8everything Peon

Best Answers:
    ;) we need a percentage of those drop outs who make it big in the real world!

8everything, Jun 13, 2008 IP
  5. gnk_corp

Best Answers:
    I too would like to see a percentage of those successful dropouts. hehe

gnk_corp, Jun 13, 2008 IP
  6. sikeveo

sikeveo Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with gnk_corp, get your education then you can try your little venture. That way if it doesnt work out, you always have a fall back.

sikeveo, Jun 14, 2008 IP
  7. clinton

clinton Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thats true, you can only go so far playing it safe. Taking risks is how most people are known today. Bill Gates dropped out of school, I'm sure that was a risk, but look at him now. The owner of Dell also did, he was going to be a doctor, but what would have happened if he would have play it safe. He'd be a regular every day doctor instead of the owner of one of the largest computer companies in the world.

clinton, Jun 14, 2008 IP
  8. gnk_corp

Best Answers:
    Sure, there are numerous millionaires that are dropouts. But just because they became successful doesn't mean you will too.

gnk_corp, Jun 14, 2008 IP
  9. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Bryan Adams is an actor now? The things you miss when you don't watch TV. How old is he now? 80?

Blogmaster, Jun 14, 2008 IP
  10. willmiz

willmiz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree that getting an education is important, though I really think that people put WAY too much emphasis on going to college. I think that some people just have the certian drive, mindset, and skills needed for success from the beginning, with or without education.

I know somebody who never passed middle school, and went from washing cars to owning cars, most of which are Ferraris..

I don't see the importance of education, and it worries me a bit.. I try, but not to my full potential. I have the drive and I am many others believe I will be successful in the future. I am excited and at the same time worried about my future.

willmiz, Jun 14, 2008 IP
  11. gnk_corp

Best Answers:
    I agree that people put too much emphasis on going to college. I think if anyone goes to college, they should know the purpose of why they are there and not just go for the sake of going. There are millions of students that have been in school for years, and still don't have a clue of what they want to major in.

College is important IF you know what you're wanting to do. Although, college isn't for everyone. But the least people can do is get their diploma or even a GED. It's really not that hard.

gnk_corp, Jun 14, 2008 IP
  12. clinton

clinton Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Of course, we should all learn to read, write and use our brains. However, we're not going to go throw life stupid if we don't pass CALM or MATH 30. If it's important just try again.:)

I want to at least get my diploma, then like everyone says, I have something to fall back on. I guess it's something I should have anyways. I also think people rest too much into going to collage. Education is very important, it's the right kind of education. If I am a grade A student in Bio 30 and I go broke because I didn't know how to run a business, that Biology didn't do me any good even though it's helpful for getting a diploma. But if I wanted to be a doctor, Bio would definitely be a great foundation.

I think people spend too much time in the wrong place. They think collage is going to garentee their success.

It all comes down to your attitude towards success. What are you willing to do to get to where you want to go? Some people want to work for a company and other want to own the company. Some people believe they'll never get anywhere in life while others don't see the borders.

So yeah, I think school is great depending on what your future is. If everyone dropped out of school there wouldn't be any cops, doctors, cars....and if everyone decided to follow the paved path, we might all be watching TV by candle light:D

clinton, Jun 14, 2008 IP
  13. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    The time people waste in life. They go thru school for so many years trying to figure out wtf they wanna do, while some of you critisize someone age 18 knowing what he wants and not willing to go to college. Seriously, give those a chance more gifted than you are and let them make their own decisions. Just because you couldn't, doesn't mean they can't.

Blogmaster, Jun 14, 2008 IP
  14. gnk_corp

Best Answers:

Yeah, exactly. It all depends on your attitude toward success. I bet those millionaire dropouts didn't drop out of high school just for no reason. They had a plan, or atleast a strong will to succeed in another venture. But what would Bill Gates say if you asked him if you should drop out or not? In all honesty, high school doesn't prepare you for the real world at all but it's decent education to say atleast.

I know it may seem like high school is a total B* right now. I had a rough time myself with academics. In fact, I had to spend an extra year of high school to get the necessary credits to get my diploma. Was it hard for me back then? Hell yea it was! lol. But being out in the real world is nothing compared to high school. When I think about it nowadays, it really seems like a piece of cake compared to the real world.

gnk_corp, Jun 15, 2008 IP
  15. dairyman

dairyman Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That shows that regular education will not guarantee success to all and drop outs too are brainy and can excel in their field :)

dairyman, Jun 15, 2008 IP
  16. Mikesblank

Mikesblank Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well I completed high school, I've just chosen not to go to university/college this year, does that count as a dropout?

Mikesblank, Jun 15, 2008 IP
  17. gnk_corp

Best Answers:
    lol no I don't think that counts as a dropout.

gnk_corp, Jun 15, 2008 IP
  18. nick2007

nick2007 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do things that you like and glad every of days, mate.

nick2007, Jun 15, 2008 IP
  19. yourfinancequestions

yourfinancequestions Peon

Best Answers:
    while i went the diploma route, its definitely clear that some people that never finished school did extremely well for themselves. one thing to note though is that those dropouts were all hard working and motivated people. if you are hard working and motivated then maybe you don't need a diploma, but it sure is nice to be able to fall back on one.

yourfinancequestions, Jun 15, 2008 IP
  20. ArticleScholar

ArticleScholar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just like not every college graduate is :)

ArticleScholar, Jun 15, 2008 IP