1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Success with google's adsense heatmap

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by miked, Feb 13, 2006.

I've tried the configuration the adsense blog suggests before, but it just doesn't work for my blogs. I've had a lot more success putting adsense before the post, not after. Also, the horizontal link unit just doesn't work for me at all. I find the link unit (120 x XX) works best in the sidebar.

So, my question is, does it work for you? Has anyone done any testing?

miked, Feb 13, 2006 IP
  2. Jarodboy

Jarodboy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I tested a bit, it's good advices ;)

Jarodboy, Feb 13, 2006 IP
  3. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    I haven't tried placing the ads after the article, but it makes sense. Of course only if people read your articles to the end - which means they need to be interesting, informative, and relatively short. As far as the big square link unit, I agree that it is the best performing link. It really depends on your site layout, your community, and your content though. You can get generic advice, but experimenting with placement on your own is really the only way to determine your best positioning.

nevetS, Feb 13, 2006 IP
  4. miked

miked Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with that wholeheartedly, nevetS. As I mentioned, I tried that layout before (before it went up on the adsense blog) and it just didn't work for me. I was just wondering if it worked for anyone else.

The big square definitely works for me. Nothing else really did well, though I have been at this for only a short time. Even so, it's probably time for me to start experimenting, again.

miked, Feb 14, 2006 IP