1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Success in Overture?

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by silenced, Dec 22, 2004.

I want to use overture pay per cost advertising system for my
    www.fastinfo.multiservers.com and I have a few question ?
    can I succes with overture and adsense together ?
    How much does it cost for me ? minimum ?
    and 50 dolar fee is real or not ?
    pls answer this qquesitons and write you comment thanks all

silenced, Dec 22, 2004 IP
  2. Refrozen

Refrozen Peon

Best Answers:
    The 50 dollar fee is real? Of course it is.
    It costs whatever you will put in to it.

Refrozen, Dec 22, 2004 IP
  3. stephaneggy

stephaneggy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why will it not be real?

stephaneggy, Dec 22, 2004 IP
  4. silenced

silenced Peon

Best Answers:
    did anyone try overture ? what is you thoughts about overture content match ?

silenced, Jan 7, 2005 IP
  5. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Are you talking about publishing or advertising?

T0PS3O, Jan 7, 2005 IP
  6. mrjonman

mrjonman Peon

Best Answers:
    The questions you've raised are very good ones.

Success can be made with a union of Overture and AdSense but the Truly valuable way to use Google & Overture in combination is to use AdWords first (not AdSense) to create a profitable campaign and then, once you know your product sells, your ads draw visitors, your website converts a good portion of your visitors into sales, now you're ready to take the next step which is taking a copy of this campaign into the Yahoo network of sites which is done on a ppc basis through Overture.

This is based on a technique that's been around for a long time in different forms of direct marketing called "test marketing". There's an old saying in the US that "If it plays in Columbus, it'll play anywhere." To translate this old axiom into Pay-Per-Clikc advertising terms, "If it sells on AdWords, it'll (probably) sell anywhere". :eek:

The $50, yes it seems like a lot of money. Don't spend it until you've joined and mastered a campaign in AdWords.

It just so happens ( :eek: ) I'm writing an eBook covering these exact types of questions and much, much more. I didn't want to "spill the beans" just yet but what the heck. I don't consider myself an AdWords guru, I'm just an average joe who has read just about <u>everything</u> that's out there on AdWords, ppc and related "stuff" and condensed it into an approach that is consistently working for me. I'm writing down all of the "good stuff" I've learned form literally 100's of sources and condensing it into one volume. There's even some "brand-new secret stuff" that I've found that has just started to skyrocket my AdWords profits.

I'm announcing it to the world very soon and will make sure that I lrt this forum know when it's available. Stay tuned, it's gonna be good! :cool:

mrjonman, Jan 8, 2005 IP
  7. luisfernandez

luisfernandez Peon

Best Answers:
    Adsense is far better than any other similar program. Go for Adsense.

luisfernandez, Jan 23, 2005 IP
  8. plmerlin

plmerlin Guest

Best Answers:
    We use both and they work very well both of them if you know how to use them.

$50 is a lot of money and really nothing. During some campaigns, we blow $500 a day but we sell for 20 times that.

Also keywords you bid on is important. To get the first position with overture: "Web hosting" costs $11.01, "hosting" costs $12.03, "affordable hosting" costs $18.01... 4 clicks and your $50 are gone!
    Impressive no? second positions are cheaper but $50 will last 10 to 12 clicks... at $0.10 bids your $50 will last 500 clicks but as you'll be on the 10th page...

Used wisely with a good selection between cost, number of search overture and adwords really help.

Overture has an "assisted" offer... we used it as it was for free (special offer) They did a terrific job with excel spreadsheets, comparison between keywords, estimated volumes and sales according your specific type of business. Really impressive! But USELESS, unless we agreed to spent the monthly $120,000 they recommended... If we were a big shooter like Expedia or Orbitz... but we are little shrimps :p and we love it! So select the do it your self...

Also make profite of the special offers they have. in google type overture $25 offer... it will increase your budget for free.

plmerlin, Jan 24, 2005 IP
  9. gregorym

gregorym Peon

Best Answers:
    Overture gives pretty fair results, usually lower conversion rate than google, but not that much actually. I try to avoid content match as well as adsense because of click fraud.

gregorym, Jan 26, 2005 IP